No announcement yet.

Khan hiring Steward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    I don't know about that, I'd like to see him with another trainer before I'd agree.

we all know khan has china glass chin.

that is one hard part to train.

a better defense surely would hide that weakness though

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
      great gif

Danny draws uppercuts out of people to counter by feinting with his head, he lowers it. Holt's upper was countered by a right. Morales suffered a similar counter as Amir
      +10

Khan if you are reading dis brother, dont fall for counter shot.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
        That was suppose to be a jab and an uppercut???looks like some crap a mad kid throws when he's mad
        I know, that was a very poor combo, but Khan got used to throwing it in sparring. It's like his skill level deteriorated since the Peterson fight, he became heavily reliant on that piss poor combo. why the hell roach didnt tell him its wack? go watch beyond the ropes khan garcia.. you'll see what i mean when u get to the sparring part, that combo is one of the most amateur things i seen and khan not only did it in sparring but he carried it through to the fight, i mean wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by thedarkness View Post

I agree with this post

Comment

Originally posted by thedarkness View Post

I don't know, I think anyone who got caught like that would have stayed down, I was surprised Khan got up from the first knockdown, i know i'll catch heat for this but phuck you all im high, Khan actually has a better than average chin now, he actually got up from that shot, even malignaggi would have been out for 10.

Comment

I've said it before, but I'd love to see Nacho Beristain train Khan. He can teach him how to fight on the inside AND he can teach him how to feint and counterpunch properly from the outside.

Just like he did with JMM and Finito Lopez.

Comment

Amir Khan is a chinny walking technical disaster especially when it comes to defense. Why he decided to go with roach, an offensive minded coach who focuses too much on getting the most utility value out of handspeed, in the first place the world won't ever know.

roach is a good trainer, but that doesn't automatically mean he'll be the best trainer for your own individual case. Linares ignored the fact that he has a paper face and also went with roach.

It's like they saw the designer name and went right ahead to purchase without any research on how suitable it would be for their needs.
                Last edited by GrandpaBernard; 08-20-2012, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
                  I know, that was a very poor combo, but Khan got used to throwing it in sparring. It's like his skill level deteriorated since the Peterson fight, he became heavily reliant on that piss poor combo. why the hell roach didnt tell him its wack? go watch beyond the ropes khan garcia.. you'll see what i mean when u get to the sparring part, that combo is one of the most amateur things i seen and khan not only did it in sparring but he carried it through to the fight, i mean wtf?
                  Roach was probably the one who told him to throw it!

On the video of Khan sparring, Ruben clearly told him to box and Khan pretty much blew him off. Ended up paying dearly for it on fight night and Im glad of it (Im a Khan fan). Then he proceeded to firing Ruben for whatever reason... clown.

Comment

Ruben Tabares was his strength and conditioning coach and nutritionist. He really shouldn't have been giving boxing advice.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      Ruben Tabares was his strength and conditioning coach and nutritionist. He really shouldn't have been giving boxing advice.
                      Well, this was during camp when Roach wasn't there and let me tell you, he was giving Khan the RIGHT advice. But Khan decided not to listen and look what happened?

Comment

Working...
                      X