Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it that when people compare Floyd or manny to past fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pacquiao's resume 130 and under is better than any other fighter in history

haters wanna hate but its true- he is the greatest fighter of all time under 130
    and by the end of his career will be top 5 147 and under

Comment

TS

is most likely 15 or 16 years old

because he consider 'Trinidad' a old fighter.

TS is right only when we talking about guys from the 50-60's that's the glorified past.

The 80's 90's era is not that old and the fighters have developed into physical freaks by then.

If you compare a 90's HW with a heavyweight today you can even say the 90's ones are more physically talented.

Look at the bodies of young Ruddock Lewis Bruno and compare them to
      Solis Arreloa chambers...

TS mentioning guys like hearns and Trinidad is stupid because these guys already evolved physically into today's image.

Trinidad is TODAY'S ERA you dumb **** rofl.

How the **** can you consider TITO a thing of the 'past era' when he was fighting ****ing 9 years ago.

And Hearns at 154 is a huge favorite against May
      TIto is a slight favorite

both brutalilze pacquaio

Comment

hearns would destroy mayweather because of his range

but against manny he would try to turn it into a fight after he felt pacquiao's power
        and would get haggler'd all over again

Comment

Originally posted by TheHayeMaker View Post
          TS

TS is right only when we talking about guys from the 50-60's that's the glorified past.

The 80's 90's era is not that old and the fighters have developed into physical freaks by then.

If you compare a 90's HW with a heavyweight today you can even say the 90's ones are more physically talented.

TS mentioning guys like hearns and Trinidad is stupid because these guys already evolved physically into today's image.

How the **** can you consider TITO a thing of the 'past era' when he was fighting ****ing 9 years ago.

both brutalilze pacquaio
          17 since you wanna be funny. When was Trinidad's last ww fight?

Comment

TS

both brutalilze pacquaio
            9 years ago...manny and Floyd were no where near ww by then that's what I'm talking about strictly welter weight so if he's not in the same time frame fighting in the same weight class as these to then he's a older fighter in my eyes only in regards to these two on this topic any other day no he's not old but if you don't like what I gotta say you ain't gotta insult me but it's cool lol

Comment

Originally posted by tennis View Post
              pacquiao's resume 130 and under is better than any other fighter in history

haters wanna hate but its true- he is the greatest fighter of all time under 130
              and by the end of his career will be top 5 147 and under
              What if Manny loses his next 3 fights? The TS is arguing that people automatically assume past fighters beat todays greats, but u are assuming Pac will top 5 ATG by the end of his career?

Also, many would strongly disagree that Pac is ATG at 130 and below.

Originally posted by boxingforlife
              obviously a fighter today would beat an old figher...its evolution new athletes take what they learned from older athletes then add somthing new...that being said u compare the accomplishments relitive to how many times they won as underdogs.
              Yesteryears fighters fought in tougher times, for longer with less weight divisions etc. Its true boxing has evolved in terms of training, tactics, and technique, but u also have to consider how the sport drew more people to it, so the pool of talent was deeper. Many athletes todays are choosing other sports. Its a theory anyway.
              Much of boxing is about will. And i believe the older fighters had to rely on will when they were badly damaged and lacked skill. Robinsons toughest opponents were the brawlers that charged him non-stop. Not too many of those around today.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                The older fighter typically wins like really wtf

In the case of Robinson vs mayweather or manny at 147 how much footage of Robinson there exist? For you to say he'd beat these two? Just because he one of the greatest doesn't mean he'd win...has he ever fought anybody with there style sets? And beat them? Is their footage to prove it?

This goes for every other ATg fighter there compared to
                Bassilo
                Whitaker
                Trinidad
                Pryor
                Hearns
                SRL
                And the list goes on? I just don't get it just cause they beat other great fighters doesn't just mean they'd beat these two

sorry to insult you

I didn't fully read your post mah bad

the reason for this and this is a non trolling answer from me :O

Is quite simple

All the fighters that people favor over Floyd and Manny from that list

are natural WW'S+

Floyd and Manny despite being famous at WW, is nowhere near their prime weight.

Naturally Floyd is a underdog against Sugar or Hearns in any sort of matchup because both suge and hearns fight at 147-175 for Christ Sake lol

Floyd even at 154 looked vulnuerable

Manny even more so

We talking a 5'6 5'7 guy going against a Hearns who's like 6'1 6'2, that size is too huge

As for Floyd vs the non natural Welters, I dont see anybody saying he's a i big underdog against anyone.....

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                  The older fighter typically wins like really wtf

In the case of Robinson vs mayweather or manny at 147 how much footage of Robinson there exist? For you to say he'd beat these two? Just because he one of the greatest doesn't mean he'd win...has he ever fought anybody with there style sets? And beat them? Is their footage to prove it?

This goes for every other ATg fighter there compared to
                  Bassilo
                  Whitaker
                  Trinidad
                  Pryor
                  Hearns
                  SRL
                  And the list goes on? I just don't get it just cause they beat other great fighters doesn't just mean they'd beat these two
                  There is tons of footage, expect for WW Robinson. But seeing as he was KOing Middleweights, was proven to have an iron chin, KO power in both hands, speed, movement and was a great 15 round fighter, plus looking at his incredible record before he retired the first time, it is safe to give him the nod over Pac and Floyd at 147 considering its not their best weight.

Comment

sorry to insult you

I didn't fully read your post mah bad

the reason for this and this is a non trolling answer from me :O

Is quite simple

All the fighters that people favor over Floyd and Manny from that list

are natural WW'S+

Floyd and Manny despite being famous at WW, is nowhere near their prime weight.

Naturally Floyd is a underdog against Sugar or Hearns in any sort of matchup because both suge and hearns fight at 147-175 for Christ Sake lol

Floyd even at 154 looked vulnuerable

Manny even more so

We talking a 5'6 5'7 guy going against a Hearns who's like 6'1 6'2, that size is too huge

As for Floyd vs the non natural Welters, I dont see anybody saying he's a i big underdog against anyone.....
                    Thanks for the apology.
                    And yeah that makes sense good post

Comment

because people are living in the moment and they tend to OVERRATE what is current and just forget about the past and the legends who did fight the BEST OF THE BEST during their time and fighters wasn't being controlled by Promoters and Networks

it barely a hand full of fighters today who probably would have done well in just about any ERA, the rest wouldn't stand a chance

Comment

Working...
                      X