Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In what fight has your prediction on the outcome been the most wrong...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BHop over Pavlik, thought BHop was washed up.

Comment

Mosley vs. Margarito (I attended the fight as a Mosley fan, so you know I left the arena with a smile on my face lol)

Pac/DLH

JMM/Pac 3. I thought Pac would stop JMM in the mid rounds, losing 2-3 rds. I scored that fight a Draw.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        i actually had a feeling about that one...i made about $300 off office bets from that fight..and a bunch of free lunches
        your "gut feel" is quite precise...

Comment

Marquez-Pac 3 like the rest. Seeing how Marquez body didn't adjust well with the Mayweather fight I tougth he would be a sitting duck for Pac to unload his punches in bunches. Add to the fact that his balance was way of and he wouldn't be able to trow his combinations with that extra weight I didn't see the fight lasting more than 8 rounds. Dam I well never doubt him again even dough he has no business fighting over the 135lb limit.

Comment

I thought Oscar was gonna left hook Manny's head off...no really, I thought a left hook from Hoya would've knocked Manny over the top rope and outta the ring lol....I thought Manny was gonna send JMM to the ER early....I thought Kirkland was gonna DESTROY Molina....I had Taylor beating Abraham and Abraham beating Dirrell....oh well, can't get'em all right

I get more right than wrong though!!

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              over the past few years.

for me it was Pac vs. Marquez. there was no way in hell i thought that fight would even be close. i mean jmm looked better against pac than he did against diaz in the first fight and for stretches of the katsidis fight. it was pretty unexpected to me.

Same here.

Morales vs Maidana. I thought Morales got no shot whatsoever.

Forgot about Wonjongkam's recent loss.

Also RJJ TKO by Tarver. I know that was while back but still... That was dump in a pant shocking.
              Last edited by sdcluser; 04-13-2012, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Salido vs Lopez 2

I thought Juanma would KO Salido in a few rounds and look so good that everybody would forget about their first fight

Comment

Originally posted by Emon723 View Post
                  Winky-Tito, no way at all I pick Wright to win, I was thinking Trinidad is gonna stop him between 10-11 rounds, from the moment I saw the results and the tally, oh my, Winky made a believer out of me.
                  Same here, that was a painful day for Trinidad
                  fans...like me
                  I was hurt...

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
                    Maidana-Morales. I thought maidana was gonna decapitate morales.

Pacquiao-De la hoya. I thought pac was crazy for taking that fight.
                    Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                    cristian mijares vs darchinyan...

all signs pointed to mijares outboxing darchinyan silly...
                    Those 3...

Comment

Recently I've mostly picked the right winners but the fights were more competitive than I expected:

Khan v Judah - I thought Judah would be much more competitive but Khan destroyed him, did pick Khan to win though.

Mayweather v Ortiz - I didn't think Ortiz would have a prayer but in the end he was coming into the fight and making it competitive, proved himself to a degree imo. Still picked FMJ to win.

Khan v Peterson - Thought it would be an easy win for Khan, I still felt it was a solid win for Khan but it certainly wasn't easy. Got the winner wrong or right, whichever way you view it.

Pacquiao v Marquez - I thought the weight would hamper Marquez, couldn't see anything but a Pacquiao win, but it was obviously much more competitive than that.

The other one I did get badly wrong was overrating Arthur Abraham in the Super 6, I actually thought he would win it after he KO'd Taylor.
                      Last edited by Weebler I; 04-13-2012, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X