Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Martinez prove the myth wrong that...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Martinez prove the myth wrong that...

starting boxing late is a bad idea if you want to become somebody in the business? I mean other fighters have proved it too, like some old ones, but the most recent one is Martinez.

I always felt (overly) Margarito and (some what) Williams were overrated and I thought Cintron was winning against Williams at least 3-1.

Martinez is obviously the more skilled boxer and he showed it

Comment

Honestly, Sergio is an exception to the rule. The man was just blessed with natural, God given ability that even most world champions don't have.

Look at James Toney, hardly trained yet was still a force. Martinez falls under that same category.

Comment

Martinez started boxing at 20 and didn't win a title until he was 35.

15 Years of boxing experience.

Mike Tyson started boxing at 13 and won a title at 20.

7 Years of boxing experience.

People get carried away when talking about Martinez starting late, Jess Willard didn't start boxing until he was something like 27 and he beat up Jack Johnson.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
            Martinez started boxing at 20 and didn't win a title until he was 35.

15 Years of boxing experience.

Mike Tyson started boxing at 13 and won a title at 20.

7 Years of boxing experience.

People get carried away when talking about Martinez starting late, Jess Willard didn't start boxing until he was something like 27 and he beat up Jack Johnson.
            Well, yes, Martinez did get a lot of experience before he became a star but most champions start really young and all the skills become second nature to them. Starting that late, it's a little bit harder to develop.

Comment

Working...
            X