No announcement yet.

If Ward beats Kov w/o doubt the 2nd time will you consider him #1 p4p and FOTY

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A.K View Post
    Anyone near? How you gonna shat on Gary Russ and Walters like that.. in 2015 they were in those talks..
    Gary Russell beat one top rated guy his entire career and was being trashed on this site for his fight with TBA

Walters was not either....he beat a shot darchinyan and Donaire who is on the slide....he was a good opponent but not exactly on the level of say Mikey Garcia or Rigondeaux who beat better and fought better opposition...they are also undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      Are you saying if ward fights someone else?

I'd agree if he beats another top lhw like Stevenson or beterbiev then definite foty and p4p1.

If not then it depends on how good aj beats Wlad for foty.
      yea..if he beat another decent 175er i think he should be in the discussion

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        Well provided he fights and beats someone by the end of the year...if he beats kov, clearly and gets a mandatory or voluntary defense in, he should get fighter of the year IMO and be considered #1 p4p

175 is heating up and if he beats Kov twice in a row he should get his just due and respect for beating such a tough guy
        I think if Ward truly beats Kova without a shadow of a doubt this time I'd place him number 1 P4P.

As far as FOTY, well that depends on who else he fights again by the end of the year and if he has another fight this year. One fight in a year is suffient to garner FOTY? Now if he beats Kova without a doubt and follows that up by the end of the year with another solid win, and not some can type fighter but a top guy, then he'd have major stake in claiming FOTY.

But only beating and fighting Kova in my book is not good enough for FOTY.
        Last edited by boxinghead530; 04-18-2017, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
          Quoted for truth..
          he has a point

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
            Until GGG loses, I'll never put Ward ahead of him P4P. Even Ward fans unknowingly agree, since I didn't see any of them asking to meet in the middle at 164 when Andre was the 168 champ
            Delusional doesn't even do justice here...

Comment

Gary Russell beat one top rated guy his entire career and was being trashed on this site for his fight with TBA

Walters was not either....he beat a shot darchinyan and Donaire who is on the slide....he was a good opponent but not exactly on the level of say Mikey Garcia or Rigondeaux who beat better and fought better opposition...they are also undefeated.
              Before loma fought either they were the favorites on here especially Walters, people were putting him in their top 10 and comparing Russell to a young Floyd.
              Last edited by A.K; 04-18-2017, 02:34 PM.

Comment

P4P should be. after beating Kova twice, but first we need to see the fight to declare a fighter of the year. If he wins in a spectacular fashion I will give him P4P #1 status and the FOTY too. if he wins just as the last fight, he will be P4P #1 and not FOTY. IMO

Comment

yea..if he beat another decent 175er i think he should be in the discussion
                  Well if he beats another decent 175 pounder (division is **** beyond the top 3 or 4) then he would have to look very good doing it and obviously the Kov win itself must be zero controversy then yeah, sure, no reason not to be foty AND p4p no. 1.

However, AJ koing Wlad, if it happens, would be the moment of the year and truly historic for the sport's premier division.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                    Before loma fought either they were the favorites on here especially Walters, people were putting him in their top 10 and comparing Russell to a young Floyd.
                    Who?

They need to pass the dutchie cuz that sounds ******ed

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
                      Delusional doesn't even do justice here...
                      Crack does lol

Comment

Working...
                      X