No announcement yet.

Loma is scary good, better than Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
    I will call out who I want. In this case, it happens to be the TMT fans who have ALWAYS MAINTAINED they hate on Golovkin because of his fans - which I have always found totally bogus but that's the excuse given.

If that isn't the reason, why else do these TMT fanboys hate an exciting, skilled, hard-punching star who is ruling the MW division and who brings shine to the sport? I am simply quoting the reason you turds give.

The point of comparison with Loma is that if his fans go OTT (like the thread topic), the TMT will get insecure and turn on Loma like they did Golovkin.
    Why spread false narratives? Floyd fans don't all hate Ggg. It's actually a very tiny minority's that does. The rest, just like a number of non Floyd fans, criticized his resume, which is something fans have done for years with other boxers.

The difference is the people that criticized Floyd did so with several racial stereotypes that we simply do not see when criticizing ggg, primarily because most of his criticism comes from non black fans, contradicting another ridiculous false narrative).

You vigorously complain about the problems of boxing fans and this board yet fully engage in and support these things when Floyd is on the receiving end. If and when "hate" (which you would call fair criticism of it were a fighter you didn't like) comes you should be ok with it given your history.

Damn shame about this is loma is an outstanding talent that the sport misses. Sadly, just like others like him, some posters celebrate him for the very same reasons they pretend all his critics are "Floyd fans".

Comment

Beats up Jason Sosa...now he's better than Mayweather

If he's so good then raise the bar....don't lower it.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
        Loma is 29 years old already.

Just lol at everyone wanting to compare his record with 19 year old mayweathers ect. You can take that angle for a few years if you really want to but in the end when both are retired and their records are compared, it will be clear the huge difference in skill.

Loma has 5 years max of real prime time left and hasnt beaten anyone of note.
        You just burned a lot of bridges.

Comment

Love Loma's boxing, but he lost to a literal cab driver.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
            floyd is down on power a lot at 147-154 than he was compared to 130-140, plus the hand problems. He can sting guys but he cant take them out like he could back then, so IDK what else he is supposed to do. Theres some like JMM and cotto he could have pushed harder though and tried to stop them and maybe have gotten it.
            Like it or not it works for him and made him incredibly wealthy. So there that I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by Oluminati View Post
              Floyd at 29 cannot be compared to Loma at 29 career wise! Loma is the man and I favor him against everyone south of 147, except Crawford. But to me the Gary Russell fight was the only marquee win to me. Walters was a good win, but he did not have the same results like he did at 126. Loma's IQ is just too elite for guys his size. The best is yet to come for Loma, which means that it is not right now. Wins against Garcia and Robert Easter jr would propel him over Crawford.
              Youre absolutely right. One of them was becoming lineal at his 4th weight class while the other was fighting Sosa at age 29.

No comparison

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                I think he's grown past that loss so I won't belabor that but my bigger point was that Floyd went undefeated for years fighting many of the best fighters out there. That carries more weight than just getting a fast start, especially when we haven't seen the fast starter play out his career yet.
                I do agree with you on the rest. If he were somehow able to maintain this pace for years, he may eclipse Floyd. That's a huge ask though.

Agreed. I see a lot of fans playing this "he's only had a few fights" angle. The guy has a wealth of boxing experience. He just had to adapt it to the pros. Rigo is another one who developed greatly in the amateurs but they fuqed up his pro career. This "how far did they get in their first 10 fights" argument is nowhere.
                Yea...at this point there is no comparison. I was looking at it more from the head to head matchup at 130 perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Of course he's better than Floyd. Loma is 49-0 with names like Pac, Cotto, Canelo, etc in his resume.

Seriously, I really like Loma but he already has a legit L and I don't think he'll encounter enough good fighters in his career to ever surpass Floyd. I wish it weren't true but we gotta be realistic.
                  This happens all the time. Floyd is just a name to throw in there when a fighter looks great after a performance, you'd think Floyd is the GOAT the way he's used as a measuring stick so often. Do you remember the "Broner is better than Floyd" threads when Broner was at 130 (by anti-Floyd fans)?

Notice they never say "So and so is better than Pacquiao"...or "So and so is better than Roy Jones Jr".

They go straight to Floyd Mayweather Jr, as if to say Floyd is the greatest boxer they ever saw, and this "So and so" boxer is even better. Like Floyd is the ultimate measuring stick.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                    I do know he's a LOT MORE FUN to watch. He's got defensive prowess but brings the offense, too. All around excellence.
                    You do know Floyd from 130-140 was the same way. Actually successful fighters who moves up in hiigher weight class starts getting more defensive especially when they can't carry their power.

I swear it's like nobody ever watched Floyd when he was at 130 and 135.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                      Love Loma's boxing, but he lost to a literal cab driver.
                      You don't know **** about Salido. Dude has fought everyone and has had success.

Comment

Working...
                      X