Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin vs. Jacobs Deal Done - March 18 at MSG, HBO PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do GGG critics consider Jacobs to less of a threat to GGG than Lara?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      Do GGG critics consider Jacobs to less of a threat to GGG than Lara?
      I don't understand why Lara won't move up to 160 and make a name there if he wants GGG?

His twitter and other social media accounts mention GGG alot...

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
        I don't understand why Lara won't move up to 160 and make a name there if he wants GGG?

His twitter and other social media accounts mention GGG alot...
        For the same reason Lara chooses to fight Delvin Rodriguez, Jan Zaveck, and Yuri Foreman. Little dog that barks alot.

Comment

• Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
          Well I'm in the thought pool that he got hit way too much because he didn't respect his opponents. He fought Wade, Kell Brook and Willie Monroe. THen when he fought Lemieux and Stevens, both high KO ratio punchers, he took his time and broke them down.

So I would bet on that too, but I wouldn't get anything back unless NY all of a sudden bet heavy on Jacobs
          That seems like the common narrative, but I don't really buy it. Lemieux is pretty limited, and Curtis Stevens was a hot prospect who never was. Stevens in particular wasn't really a top-notch opponent. Lemieux was game, but he was a sitting duck. Munroe was alright, but also not really top of the class. I think Jacobs is probably GGG's best opponent to date. I don't buy the notion that GGG gets hit on purpose because he doesn't respect his opponents. I think he gets hit because he doesn't move his head. Brook exposed him to an extent. and you're only as good as your last fight. Brook is a 147 pounder. In Jacobs, GGG is fighting a true middleweight, with KO power and speed/boxing ability. I think he's going to be tested, win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
            That seems like the common narrative, but I don't really buy it. Lemieux is pretty limited, and Curtis Stevens was a hot prospect who never was. Stevens in particular wasn't really a top-notch opponent. Lemieux was game, but he was a sitting duck. Munroe was alright, but also not really top of the class. I think Jacobs is probably GGG's best opponent to date. I don't buy the notion that GGG gets hit on purpose because he doesn't respect his opponents. I think he gets hit because he doesn't move his head. Brook exposed him to an extent. and you're only as good as your last fight. Brook is a 147 pounder. In Jacobs, GGG is fighting a true middleweight, with KO power and speed/boxing ability. I think he's going to be tested, win or lose.
            In what other fights was he's getting hit like that because he has one of the best hit to getting hit ratios in the world

Comment

• Originally posted by Diegosome1 View Post
              In what other fights was he's getting hit like that because he has one of the best hit to getting hit ratios in the world
              compubox is trash. please dont take it seriously. every time someone goes back and does a comprehensive review of what punches actually land its not even close so im not sure why people take it seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                I don't care who wins, but I would favor Golovkin

just happy to see him finally take a challenging fight

they don't really need Jacobs, and they could have forced an unfair purse-bid

props to Gennady

.................................................. ..............................

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                  Kell Brook is much quicker and a more accurate puncher than Jacobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herr Schmeling View Post
                    Scabiddy Scabuddy Scabgali Kigali punk knows nothing that fool
                    what we do KNOW is that Kigali is chollo vista's alt

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                      Do GGG critics consider Jacobs to less of a threat to GGG than Lara?
                      Lara isnt a threat at all. Lara would get seriously hurt by GGG or lose on points because he ran all night. Either way, its a W on GGG record

Comment

Working...
                      X