No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abel Sanchez Explains Why He Dropped Sergey Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Abel Sanchez Explains Why He Dropped Sergey Kovalev

In the early part of his boxing career, Sergey Kovalev (30-0-1, 26KOs) was trained by Abel Sanchez. The relationship didn't last too long. They eventually parted ways after a little more than a year. Kovalev would go on to hire John David Jackson as his new trainer.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Fkk off abel, you ****!

Comment

My opinion of Sanchez just took a nose dive with this interview.

What comes through to me is Sanchez just couldn't be bothered with anyone he has to put in some serious work on - and if anyone has seen Kovalev's early fights as a pro he was incredibly focused & had a great attitude.

Sanchez is very lucky he got Golovkin - who was already an enormously experienced professional & clearly had very little to learn...

Comment

Sounds a lot like what John David Jackson says about Kovalev.

He is reportedly difficult to coach, doesn't like being told what to do.

I can imagine Golovkin is quite different.

Comment

Sanchez isn't telling the whole story. The police were involved

Comment

The more Abel talks, the less I like GGG! I know that's totally unfair, but it's real! It's similar to how Arum made me feel about Pacquiao!

Comment

So now Abel dropped Kovalev even though he knew he would become world champion because he couldn't teach him? Not much that Abel says comes off as truthful to me, but this just seems pretty off. Whatever though. He's not with him anymore, so unless Abel has a fighter that will fight Kov, the dynamic between these two is pretty irrelevant...

Comment

Originally posted by macman View Post
                My opinion of Sanchez just took a nose dive with this interview.

What comes through to me is Sanchez just couldn't be bothered with anyone he has to put in some serious work on - and if anyone has seen Kovalev's early fights as a pro he was incredibly focused & had a great attitude.

Sanchez is very lucky he got Golovkin - who was already an enormously experienced professional & clearly had very little to learn...
                Not sure how old you are but as you get older you realize you want to enjoy life more and avoid crappy situations and especially people who are a pain in the ass. Sometimes you can put up with assholes on a 'now and then' basis but having to deal with them on a daily basis gets old real quick.
                Seems like Sanchez is saying he would rather be a bit poorer than uncomfortable. He is under no obligation to coach Kovalev. Seems like Kovalev and jackson have a good understanding now.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Sanchez isn't telling the whole story. The police were involved
                  that's interesting! - link?

Comment

GGG should ask the courts to place a gag order on this guy. He just cannot seem to shut up.

Comment

Working...
                    X