Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Vitali Klitschko "dominate" Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought he had a strong start and won the early rounds. I also thought Lewis was coming on at the end.

Comment

I voted no. I had Vitali winning when the fight was stopped. He was winning and coming on strong. He was the fresher of the two. I scored it 4 rounds to 2 for Klitschko. He was winning but not to the point where you could say he was dominating.Lewis was landing heavy blows as was Vitali. It was a hard fought 6 rounds.

Comment

Lewis was coming on very strong at the time of the stoppage. Enjoyed a huge sixth round and it seemed to me Vitali was tiring badly. So was Lennox but his experience allowed him to fight better under those circumstances. Vitali, on the other hand, was doing everything to hold on in that round, which paved the way for several vicious Lewis uppercuts. So was Vitali dominating? No. Was he winning the fight on the cards at the time of the stoppage? Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          I voted no. I had Vitali winning when the fight was stopped. He was winning and coming on strong. He was the fresher of the two. I scored it 4 rounds to 2 for Klitschko. He was winning but not to the point where you could say he was dominating.Lewis was landing heavy blows as was Vitali. It was a hard fought 6 rounds.
          Good points made.

Comment

They both looked terrible after a few rounds. These are fighters that are considered great???? They looked like Rocky & Apollo no condidtioning, no techniques and definetly no Methods!! To oversized sloppy guys who fall apart after a few rounds of punches being landed. Unable to put combinations together you see No One blocking, slipping or parring shots its all bend over then throw one punch at a time. Terrible conditioning! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
              They both looked terrible after a few rounds. These are fighters that are considered great???? They looked like Rocky & Apollo no condidtioning, no techniques and definetly no Methods!! To oversized sloppy guys who fall apart after a few rounds of punches being landed. Unable to put combinations together you see No One blocking, slipping or parring shots its all bend over then throw one punch at a time. Terrible conditioning! Ray.
              Lewis and Vitali are big guys, it was really impressive how they fought at that pace for so long and the skill level was really high. They are both among the best heavyweights in Boxing history, in ability at least. In accomplishments they are still among the greats.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                ha ha i trust your observations, and Lennox was supposed to mature like a fine wine, but probably was showing his age in this fight.
                Vitali had no excuse though as he was a youngster, but the cuts probably made him a bit desperate looking and loose his composure a bit. Fighting when you know your face is half open, probably cant be that easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
                  Lewis and Vitali are big guys, it was really impressive how they fought at that pace for so long and the skill level was really high. They are both among the best heavyweights in Boxing history, in ability at least. In accomplishments they are still among the greats.
                  Lennox yes, Vitali no.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Lennox yes, Vitali no.
                    What don't you agree with? Ability or accomplishments?

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
                      What don't you agree with? Ability or accomplishments?
                      Both. I don't know what ability he has beating the likes of Kevin Johnson. And his accomplishments are...beating the likes of Kevin Johnson.

Comment

Working...
                      X