No announcement yet.

water fasting, anyone tried it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
    I usually do a 3 day water fast every month and every few months I do 10+ days. The longest I went was 17 days. If you're doing more than 5 days, watch out for refeeding syndrome though when you break a fast. Watermelon is usually recommended for breaking a long fast.

Im pretty sure you've done you're research and there are tons of helpful information online. Just know what you're doing. Good luck and be safe.
    how was it doing it for 17 days?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingfan101 View Post
      how was it doing it for 17 days?
      It felt refreshing. I was mentally more focused. The first 3 days are always the hardest, then it becomes easier after that. After a few days, your body will tell you when to break the fast. Of course I didn't do much phsyical activity during that period. Your body goes into a state of ketosis, I'm pretty sure you've read up on this. I did it for the health benefits, not really for losing weight. Just read up a lot on the subject and look at videos.

This guy right here gives very good advice on starting water fasting. A slow and gradual process. That's what I did, instead of jumping right in and doing many days. I started with fasting 1 day a week for a few weeks, then gradually went to 3 days every month, then went to multiple days every few months. Your body has to get used to it, that's what I recommend and many people have recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingfan101 View Post
        just got to have the coffee during the open window when you eat
        Nah I think he's good.

I'm looking it up now & straight coffee gots virtually no calories in it, like 5 or less or some sh^t. If you add milk then it gets some calories, but you could use lower calorie milk to lower that as well.

All in all I think its get around-able with IF. I don't think you gotta go 100% hardcore on it to see results. You'll probably see better results if you do obviously, but idk if 5-10 calories in the morning to get you moving is gonna eff up the whole plan.

Comment

It felt refreshing. I was mentally more focused. The first 3 days are always the hardest, then it becomes easier after that. After a few days, your body will tell you when to break the fast. Of course I didn't do much phsyical activity during that period. Your body goes into a state of ketosis, I'm pretty sure you've read up on this. I did it for the health benefits, not really for losing weight. Just read up a lot on the subject and look at videos.

This guy right here gives very good advice on starting water fasting. A slow and gradual process. That's what I did, instead of jumping right in and doing many days. I started with fasting 1 day a week for a few weeks, then gradually went to 3 days every month, then went to multiple days every few months. Your body has to get used to it, that's what I recommend and many people have recommended.

yea ive noticed that a lot of peeps do it for health benefits,
          especially for those with skin problems like acne etc

ill check out the vid, thanks for sharing

Comment

Done it many times. Did it for 5 days just over a week ago and lost 16 pounds. I lost so much due to continuing to work out and run while fasting

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Nah I think he's good.

I'm looking it up now & straight coffee gots virtually no calories in it, like 5 or less or some sh^t. If you add milk then it gets some calories, but you could use lower calorie milk to lower that as well.

All in all I think its get around-able with IF. I don't think you gotta go 100% hardcore on it to see results. You'll probably see better results if you do obviously, but idk if 5-10 calories in the morning to get you moving is gonna eff up the whole plan.
              yea i dont know whether coffee would make that much of a difference especially because its so few calories,
              suppose its a matter of how strictly you want to follow IF

Comment

This guy went hardcore for 28 days straight water fasting. Obviously this is not recommended. He just jumped right in and didn't ease himself into the process. He's lucky that nothing went wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  Done it many times. Did it for 5 days just over a week ago and lost 16 pounds. I lost so much due to continuing to work out and run while fasting
                  thats a lot of weight for 5 days, well done mate

how often do you do it and whats the longest youve done it for?

Comment

This guy went hardcore for 28 days straight water fasting. Obviously this is not recommended. He just jumped right in and didn't ease himself into the process. He's lucky that nothing went wrong.

yea i seen that vid on youtube,
                    he lost something like 58 lbs, which is crazy

Comment

I didn't even know this was a thing and I am surprised at how many of you have done this.

I feel dizzy and lightheaded if I don't have anything to eat by 10am, so I don't think this is for me...

Comment

Working...
                      X