Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez To Critics: Canelo Has Our Absolute Vote of Confidence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by angkag View Post
    I looked into the whole 'Mexican Meat' thing and its a real problem in Mexico.

Lots of examples where people have been affected, eg the NFL warns its players not to eat meat in Mexico (or China) and Duane Brown fell victim to it recently after a 1-week trip to Mexico.

But best example was the U17 soccer championships which were in Mexico where over 100 players tested positive for clenbuterol. 19 of the 24 teams involved were affected, with teams being equally affected, so no team stood out as having more positives than any other. One of the teams with zero positives was Mexico as their team dietitian restricted them to fish and vegetables. Fifa tested the meat from the team hotels and foudn that 30% of the meat was tainted by clenbuterol.

This also affected 5 soccer players in the senior team (who weren't restricted to fish and vegetables).

All of the above had the same symptoms, trace clenbuterol in the system, the amounts of which were consistent with consuming tainted meat.

Not saying Canelo is innocent here, but I think got to give him the benefit of the doubt given how rampant the problem is in Mexico. Ranchers break the law when they feed their cattle clenbuterol in Mexico, but the financial rewards mean its happening a lot (up to an extra 100lbs of meat per animal). The Mexican ranchers call it 'cattle cocaine'.

edit: only way for athletes to stay clean in Mexico is to lay off the tacos and meat in general, and Canelo should have known this given the rampant problems with meat there. The danger of course is that you have a ready-made excuse to test positive for clenbuterol in Mexico, so could use it during the non-testing period, then blame the later trace on the meat problem. Not saying this is true with Canelo either, but he should have known the meat problem there andeither gone the fish/vegetable route else stick with imported meat
    "Most major supermarkets and restaurant chains buy their beef from 117 large private slaughterhouses with on-site federal inspectors who conduct rigorous testing of meat for contamination."

and

"Like the United States, Mexico has a two-tiered system of slaughterhouses, one tier geared partially toward higher-end consumers and for export. All beef for export comes from these slaughterhouses, where inspectors are always on site to conduct random tests for 120 or so possible contaminants. Large supermarket chains in Mexico like Wal-Mart, Soriana, La Mega and Chedraui buy meat only from these slaughterhouses and display a tag on packages to assure food safety."

I can't post a link yet but the article is here:

3w.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/world/article24774313.html
    Last edited by StephenM; 03-08-2018, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock&Roll View Post
      Ha that's a great excuse for having garbage articles on here 'were trying to remain impartial'.
      Apologies for rant, it suddenly hit me what trash they report here (a lot from the trash of the industry).
      When an organisation is in a position of power (in your sport or business) you don't screw them over. If you are smart, you play ball, as they will make your life far more difficult.
      If nothing else, Canelo has shown us that although there is a lot of mutual benefit, the abc groups needs boxers (especially ppv stars) more than the other way around.
      It makes me laugh to see the WBC running in to support a guy who, not long ago, was refusing to fight for their title and calling them corrupt!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        You just wake up??? This is something EVEYONE already KNOWS!!! All the orgainzations are corrupt and do what ever the fuk they want!!! I mean Rig. lost his belt for moving up in weight and fighting the P4P #1??? Yet other fighters if popular get to keep theirs. Their rules even state its up to them...
        Even Canelo says the WBC are corrupt!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
          You danish?
          I fail to see the relevancy..

Comment

This pathetic frog looking ***** still bending over for Canelo in hopes one day he'll pay them another sanctioning fee...despite Canelo shunning the WBC for years

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              It makes me laugh to see the WBC running in to support a guy who, not long ago, was refusing to fight for their title and calling them corrupt!
              WBC lost out on the last fight
              So they need to secure that Bag from Canelo

Comment

Ha Ha
                Better create a new belt...

Comment

If this problem is so widespread and so many know about it that even makes canelo more GUILTY. so this argument hurts him actually. wtf is that idiot doing eating meat in a highly contaminated area? ignorance or stupidity. doesn't matter.

there was a baseball player that popped for clen and was suspended 50 games even though he proved he got it from an over the counter cold medication.

now the question is how have so many HUNDREDS of mexican fighters managed to never pop for clen?

this damn excuse has been abused too much.

If Canelo is not asked to provide proof of this tainted meat then hes a doper. it could also be a case of the clen just getting out his sytem and thats why its so low. if he consumed it that means he ate this tainted meat 1-2 days before testing. where did he buy the meat? what restaurant? show receipts. have the meat from this place tested.

if they don't conduct hair follicle tests this "investigation" is full of sht. the clen would be detectable there for six months.

to just blindly accept the tainted meat story is irresponsible. when that cyclist contador popped for clen they made him provide all this info about where he got it. but here we see the WBC and WBA screaming canelos innocence before any investigation is conducted.

this is like a jury saying "the defendant has our vote confidence. he's never killed anyone before. and I'm sure the investigation will clear his name". this jury would be dissolved in 10 seconds.

what these remarks by Suleiman prove is hes not qualified to conduct any "investigation" on Clenelo. even if he tests clean from here on out it doesn't prove sht.

that is called corruption at its finest.

Comment

how could he say this without an investigation?

lmao

Comment

If it is tainted meat, then track the source of it back to the origins and investigate from there, then we can go from that as a start point as to establishing legitimacy to his claims that his meat was indeed affected.

Don’t tell me this can’t be done.

He’s a multimillionaire athlete with a team of world class professionals with a career defining fight at the stakes. You think his nutritionist/chef(s) etc cant provide information on where their meat was actually from and then such an establishment can’t be tested further to determine something?

If I was Canelo and genuinely affected by contamination of a meat source this is what I would go to hell and back to do prove myself...can you see him trying anything like that? God, no.

Corruption and foul play at its finest.

Comment

Working...
                      X