No announcement yet.

ESPN supports Mayweather Vs Guerrero?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
    Here is the thing with Sergio Martinez, his refusal to campaign at 154 has showed me that he's unable to make the weight, think about it, it's not like he's been fighting killers as of late, Lara called him out as well, I look at the dude and me personally I feel like he can be a healthy '54, but I could be wrong and judging by Martinez's actions I most likely am wrong. He's pretty much showing that he's willing to kill himself solely to fight Floyd, as oppose to fighting jus' south of '60 and applying the pressure, forcing the media to bring it up and making the fight more viable. I've given up on that fight...
    I don't think its possible for me to agree with a post more than I do here. Even if it did happen, Martinez would almost certainly be drained and in it for the check, nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
      espn boxing = one person = dan rafael.

how does floyd keep going to 154 yet never fights the #1 guy?

He did it vs oscar then ducked out of fighting winky wright. He did it vs cotto now he's gonna duck out again to go back to 147.

There's a pattern of deception here that people just refuse to acknowledge.

Freaking robert guerrro? are you kidding me?

did you people not see the berto guerrero fight?
      Well for starters the number one guy at 154 is unproven and will need to beat Trout to earn a fight with Mayweather and secondly he not a junior middleweight he came in at 151 pounds both times he fought at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
        Im sorry, but all of this doesn't change the fact that he is Floyd's mandatory, and don't guys normally get called a ducker for not fighting there mandatory?
        Isn't Austin Trout his mandatory at 154?

Guerrero has no pedigree at 147lbs. His claim to fame at the weight is beating Aydin (who just lost to Karass) and Berto after a year out and no roids.

The guy might well have lost to a past prime Katsidis were it not for the ref saving him in the 8th round.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post

Guerrero has no pedigree at 147lbs. His claim to fame at the weight is beating Aydin (who just lost to Karass) and Berto after a year out and no roids.

The guy might well have lost to a past prime Katsidis were it not for the ref saving him in the 8th round.
          Seen you say this a few times.

How did the ref save him? Katsidis clearly hit him low multiple times and absolutely deserved to get a point taken.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Seen you say this a few times.

How did the ref save him? Katsidis clearly hit him low multiple times and absolutely deserved to get a point taken.
            There was no warning prior to the first deduction (albeit there was a low blow), and the second point deduction was bogus - that was the one that was curling Guerrero up.

Kellerman's words:

"that stoppage helps Guerrero, those body punches were very effective, I did not notice an obvious low blow in that second deduction"

"Katsidis unleashed a savage two-fisted body attack"

Lampley words:

"Katsidis seemed to have unnerved Guerrero with the bodyshot attack early in the round"
            Last edited by Weebler I; 02-05-2013, 11:58 PM.

Comment

rg is floyd mandatory at 47

isnt it funny how trout is this dangerous fighter after beating cotto a fighter most of u said was shot,to small for the weight ect ect.but since trout beat cotto now he's elite n it was a great win.

Comment

Mayweather vs. Guerrero. Can't ****IN wait!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

This will do horrible numbers, so many people will stream, myself included.

Comment

There was no warning prior to the first deduction (albeit there was a low blow), and the second point deduction was bogus - that was the one that was curling Guerrero up.

Kellerman's words:

"that stoppage helps Guerrero, those body punches were very effective, I did not notice an obvious low blow in that second deduction"

"Katsidis unleashed a savage two-fisted body attack"

Lampley words:

"Katsidis seemed to have unnerved Guerrero with the bodyshot attack early in the round"
                    He definitely hurt him to the body, no disputing that.

He also hit him low, multiple times and yes he absolutely did warn him.

Comment

Working...
                    X