Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo speaking good English. First time I have seen him do that.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you’re the best you can do as you please.

But his English is getting pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
      He can certainly understand English well, i’ve seen him answer English questions without a translator but speaking in Spanish. Maybe he’s just not confident enough to speak it publicly yet.

Or more likely he can’t fully say what he wants to say and would probably end up getting his quotes twisted by the media if he can’t completely put across what he wants to say. Apparently that’s the reason GGG often speaks in his native language these days too, because he was being misquoted because of his basic English.

I understand that. I can understand Hebrew perfectly well, but my speaking level is so basic that i wouldn’t be that comfortable knowing my words are going to be published in the media and taken as gospel.

Absolutely. Any non native speaker should be extremely cautious about saying anything more than a coupla well rehearsed soundbites.

And I get exactly what you mean, I can folow conversational Greek and a few other languages but trying to say anything in any of em beyond basic pleasantries, pillow talk or ordering food or refreshments leaves me flailing around for the right words like a stuttering moron.

I think in Canelo's case as well there may be something of an element in him wanting to 'stay Mexcian' or appear to at least... I'm ain't gonnna claim any real knowledge but it appears there's sometimes something of a stigma amongst Mexicans around becoming Americanised or somesuch... IDK... I could be off the mark with that one though.
      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 11-15-2019, 04:47 AM.

Comment

I’m feel
        I’m very feel

Comment

Originally posted by Albanianboxing View Post
          Towards the end of this video Canelo speaks good English. Why doesn't he do this more often? He would be huge going on Kimmel or other American English speaking outlets. @ 2:15.

This is speaking "good english"? Lol

Comment

What a sellout. English is the white man's language.

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
              He can certainly understand English well, i’ve seen him answer English questions without a translator but speaking in Spanish. Maybe he’s just not confident enough to speak it publicly yet.

Or more likely he can’t fully say what he wants to say and would probably end up getting his quotes twisted by the media if he can’t completely put across what he wants to say. Apparently that’s the reason GGG often speaks in his native language these days too, because he was being misquoted because of his basic English.

I understand that. I can understand Hebrew perfectly well, but my speaking level is so basic that i wouldn’t be that comfortable knowing my words are going to be published in the media and taken as gospel.
              I remember when Sammy Sosa was in the Congressional hearings around steroids and he was getting sh-- for not speaking English despite doing interviews for years in English. It was exactly this there is a huge difference between a casual conversation with no real ramifications and one where you can face purgery because you either misunderstood the question or misspoke your answer.

Comment

Working...
              X