Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Top Rank Says Pulev, Not Usyk, is Next in Line For Ruiz or Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backwards

You got that backwards. Pulev is the IBF mandatory. Usyk is the WBO. Only Joshua and Usyk share a promoter and would be considered in house. If Ruiz wins they'll drop the WBO since PBC is currently boycotting them. Usyk isn't ready for Joshua if he wins so Joshua would probably fight Pulev

Comment

If Ruiz wants to have a soft touch as a showcase and fight on Mexican soil I think the best option would be to fight Pulev. He could fight Usyk in Mexico also but he would not be as big of a favorite to win.

Comment

I knew that a rotation system had to be in place. Eddie Hearn has just been trying to muddy the waters to get his fighter Usyk the next title shot.

Instead of having it go to Bob Arum's fighter Pulev.

Comment

doesnt make much sense considering the wbo hasnt had a mandatory challenge since hughie fury on 23rd september 2017. the last mando for the ibf was takam on 28 october 2017. go figure!

Comment

Huge Usyk fan here... and I am fine with this. Pulev is a legit top 10 HW and has earned this shot. Either Joshua or Ruiz should be favored in this match, so no real reason to not fight him. Usyk needs a fight or two more at 200+ anyways in my opinion to be in his best possible fighting shape for his title shot. Pulev should be next.

Comment

No one wants to see this fukin dull dinosaur fight the top guys. Not only is he boring and older than God but hes total garbage.

Comment

I don`t like Pulev, but he has been top 10 guy for long time. Sure, he deserves it more than Usyk.

Comment

Other than Hearn claiming the champ has to drop a belt what's the proof Ruiz is willing to drop a belt? Is it actually impossible to fight both mandos or just unlikely?

I realize if they're a month apart Josh isn't fighting both, but, Andy might.

Comment

Working...
                  X