No announcement yet.

Sitting Presidents Who Have Attended Boxing Matches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitting Presidents Who Have Attended Boxing Matches

This last weekend The Donald attended a UFC fight. I dont recall any active President attending boxing matches during my decades as a fan, but Im sure its gone down before.

Anyone know of the times a sitting President has attended a boxing match in the history of boxing.

I would be curious to know the President, the main fight & any other details of why he was attending if you know them like was he a fan of one boxer or was he invited by someone or if he watched the whole card or more than just the main fight along with any other interesting tidbits you might be aware of.

I feel like Teddy Roosevelt probably attended a boxing event seeing as he was an amateur boxer

Comment

I'm pretty sure of Teddy myself but the fight alludes me.

McKinley watched Maher and spoke to him after. Forget who Peter was fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        This last weekend The Donald attended a UFC fight. I dont recall any active President attending boxing matches during my decades as a fan, but Im sure its gone down before.

Anyone know of the times a sitting President has attended a boxing match in the history of boxing.

I would be curious to know the President, the main fight & any other details of why he was attending if you know them like was he a fan of one boxer or was he invited by someone or if he watched the whole card or more than just the main fight along with any other interesting tidbits you might be aware of.
        US presidents you mean? I know Putin's been to a few in Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          US presidents you mean? I know Putin's been to a few in Russia.
          Yea I meant US ones, but itd be interesting to know world leaders too I guess.

Putin definitely seems like the most fight friendly world leader.

Comment

Yeah. He does seem to take an interest in the combat sports and of course is a judoka, but in this age of media creation all top politicians do what they do for principally the purposes of image.

Just so happens that the Strongman with populist hobbies is the image they wanna sell to the Russian people.

What about Trudeau... not technically a head of state but still a head of government? Dude used to box or something or be connected I think. Maybe he's shown up to some?

Hmm. Ha ha well. One better I guess..

Comment

Wasnt trump at a triple g fight with in the last few years? I remember him greeting him in the locker room

Comment

I bet that guy is literally a gangster lol. U remember how he robbed the Patriots GM outta his Superbowl ring lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Dyl-G View Post
                  Wasnt trump at a triple g fight with in the last few years? I remember him greeting him in the locker room
                  Yeah looks like it..

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/201...nnady-golovkin.

I remembered they'd met, but didn't realise it was at a fight... or maybe the meet n greet I remember was a different occasion.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X