No announcement yet.

Canelo vs Steve Rolls @ 175

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post
    Of course he's a liar. Read what he wrote, are those facts? I didn't even bother reading that boxinnews24 article it'd be all fluff. They could weigh whatever on fight night.

And regarding Angulo. Abel Sanchez has always said that Angulo was their best sparring for GGG. LOok who Angulo is training with today...Angulo always been team GGG, it's why he always had a thing against Canelo, especially after that massive beating that altered his career. GGG never wanted to fight Canelo at 155. We all know why, he wrecked his sparring partner viciously.

Angulo was once upon a time a 154 force. Wrecked Gabe Rosado like no one's business and had a good scrap while it lasted with the Mandigo Warrior
    Ah. I see where you're at - you're calling him a liar for claiming the 168 stipulation was for when they came to the ring rather than 3pm, rather than for the claim of 174 as a ring weight? I stand corrected then, although honestly it sounds a lot more like a simple lack of precision than a deliberate lie. You're assuming cos you got a politician's twisty brain that everyone else works the same way too, man.
    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 11-08-2019, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      Ah. I see where you're at - you're calling him a liar for claiming the 168 stipulation was for when they came to the ring rather than 3pm, rather than for the claim of 174 as a ring weight? I stand corrected then, although honestly it sounds a lot more like a simple lack of precision than a deliberate lie. You're assuming cos you got a twisty brain that everyone else works the same way too, man.
      It's not a big deal. I don't recall you bashing Canelo as much as Ruedboy. As with Ruedboy, bad habits die hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
        How about Rocky Fielding...JCC Jr etc...or are we hyping those fights up now lol...all fighters take 'tune-ups' 1 out of 3 or so fights at best...if people don't see that they aren't paying attention really
        GGG's entire career outside of Canelo and Jacobs are tune ups man

Comment

Originally posted by Viral Larry View Post
          GGG's entire career outside of Canelo and Jacobs are tune ups man
          Lol...hate on my man...if that's how you want to see it, do you my friend

Comment

He already fought Amir Khan, Angulo, Kirkland, Liam Smith, Rocky Fielding and Chavez Jr, the only legit guys he fought were old and past prime.

Comment

Of course he's a liar. Read what he wrote, are those facts? I didn't even bother reading that boxinnews24 article it'd be all fluff. They could weigh whatever on fight night.

And regarding Angulo. Abel Sanchez has always said that Angulo was their best sparring for GGG. LOok who Angulo is training with today...Angulo always been team GGG, it's why he always had a thing against Canelo, especially after that massive beating that altered his career. GGG never wanted to fight Canelo at 155. We all know why, he wrecked his sparring partner viciously.

Angulo was once upon a time a 154 force. Wrecked Gabe Rosado like no one's business and had a good scrap while it lasted with the Mandigo Warrior
              Where's the lie?
              The fight was set for 155 pounds.
              Alvarez agreed to weigh no more than 168 lbs on fight night.
              Alvarez weighed 174 pounds on fight night on the Showtime scale.
              Alvarez paid Angullo an additional 100,000 over his agreed purse.

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
                Where's the lie?
                The fight was set for 155 pounds.
                Alvarez agreed to weigh no more than 168 lbs on fight night.
                Alvarez weighed 174 pounds on fight night on the Showtime scale.
                Alvarez paid Angullo an additional 100,000 over his agreed purse.
                Koba-Grozny see what I'm saying ...

Comment

Point out the lie.

Comment

The genius is at a loss for words. GTFOH

Comment

yeah, I think we already covered this didn't we? You got a dispute over the stipulations of the weight penalty/ bonus. Lemme look into it a little more.

The penalty/bonus was 100K for the initial adjustment from 154 to 155 best I can tell. There was an additional stipulation that both fighters had to weigh in at 168 the following day.

Ruedboy's saying it was 168 on 'fight night', you saying it was 168 at 3pm.

Rafael says:
                      Alvarez further agreed to a weight check on Saturday at which he cannot weigh more than 168 pounds at 6 p.m. ET.
                      https://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/...o-angulo-fight

In fact it the stipulation was for 6pm ET so take that as you please... 6pm could reasonably be described as 'fight night' though of course that's only 3pm in Vegas which ain't really night at all.

As for the second day weigh in Rafael had this to say:
                      The weight check was closed but, according to a Golden Boy Promotions official, Alvarez, who earned a minimum of $1.15 million, was 166 pounds. Angulo, who made $850,000 (including the additional $100,000), did not have to weigh in again.
                      And:

By fight night, Alvarez weighed 174 pounds on Showtime's scale and Angulo was 170 -- light heavyweights. But Alvarez looked sharp, fast and powerful as he abused Angulo, even though the crowd was not happy with the stoppage and booed throughout Alvarez's postfight in-ring interview.
                      So yeah, per this information Canelo passed his second day weight check, so the only penalty he paid was for the original adjustment from 154 to 155 made on the Friday but did come to the ring at 174.

Hope that helps clarify matters.

TBH, man, I had to read that ish a coupla times myself to get it straight, probably ain't a need to be calling people liars when a simple misunderstanding would explain it, but I ain't followed the full thread of your conversation so maybe I'm missing the intent of you both.
                      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 11-08-2019, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X