Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’d take Donaire. Probably by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
      Pacquiao wasn’t prime at 26. Inoue can get better.
      No disrespect but Inoue is not on the same level as Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by tjones1989 View Post
        The dude is 26 years old; this is his prime, lol. GTFOH with that BOOLCHIT!

Kovalev started at 26

GGG at 24

Loma at 25

Comment

Originally posted by Mrsantiago View Post
          No disrespect but Inoue is not on the same level as Pacquiao.
          Have no idea what that has to do with anything.

Comment

Let's be real here, no man reaches their prime in their 30's. That's when all the testosterone goes down, and physical fitness becomes harder. Physical prime is 18-30 years old, everything after that you become a decrepit old man like the link I sent you. The fighters you say were in their "prime" in their thirties were ten times better in their twenties. It's only because their "prime" was so good that they were able to fight so long. Look at a fighter like Pacquiao, in his prime he was practically Hercules; no fighter could even touch him. Now at 40 years old, keith thurman (who at best is a b level fighter) was able to fight relatively evenly with the Pacman. This is undisputed truth here, take this L.
            Sorry I'm not taking anything today, but thanks for at least attempting to be a bit more mature.

A fighter doesn't need to be in their best physical youthful shape to be in their prime. When I think of a fighter at their best/peak I think of guys that have fully developed their skills and knowledge in the ring to go along with their athleticism. You CAN NOT tell me that the Hopkins that fought RJJ was more primed than the Hopkins that fought Glen Johnson, where he was at his most well rounded form at age 32. Roberto Duran also peaked at age 28 when he fought Palomino.
            So AGAIN, every fighter reaches their ceiling at a different rate. Some fighters peak at their early 20s, late 20s, or even early 30s. Prime fighters DON'T have to be at their most youthful stages. Lomachenko started late at age 25 and already hit his peak at age 29. Hell, Beterbiev seems like he's just reaching his prime but he's 34.

I'll say this again, Inoue is ONLY 26 years old and still has time to improve his skills. You can say that he's already at his peak, but to me I think he's got a lot of room to hone his boxing skills and he'll definitely be a much better fighter in the future. Just appreciate a great fighter.

We can agree to disagree but Im done with this conversation. Good day to you sir.
            Last edited by Flo_Raiden; 11-07-2019, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
              Lol let me ask you this: was Bernard Hopkins, Evander Holyfield, and Archie Moore in their prime when they were 26 years old?

AGAIN Inoue has a lot more years on him, so he has more time to improve.
              I didn't read to see if anyone else chimed in on this, but you do realize those guys were all big dudes where punches aren't coming at you at lighting speed. Reflexes matter at a whole different level at those lower weights where they move like little agile cats and the punches come swift and nonstop.

It's no secret why heavyweights seem to have a longer shelf life or staying active at the elite level well over 35 years old. Can't say the same about WWs or below...

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                I didn't read to see if anyone else chimed in on this, but you do realize those guys were all big dudes where punches aren't coming at you at lighting speed. Reflexes matter at a whole different level at those lower weights where they move like little agile cats and the punches come swift and nonstop.

It's no secret why heavyweights seem to have a longer shelf life or staying active at the elite level well over 35 years old. Can't say the same about WWs or below...
                Yes I’m fully aware that the lower weight fighters, especially fighters around Flyweight, ages much quicker since they fully rely on speed.
                To be honest, this was just more of a quick response to tjones1989’s immature reply to me. Didn’t really bother to think about it. But again, agree to disagree. I’ll wait and see how Inoue’s career unravels.
                Last edited by Flo_Raiden; 11-07-2019, 11:12 PM.

Comment

The dude is 26 years old; this is his prime, lol. GTFOH with that BOOLCHIT!
                  Age dont automatically mean prime.

Canelo wasnt prime at 26.

Comment

Flo_Raiden will be an oldman in his wheelchair hitting on the young nurses while his **** still pushes up daisies LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post

This.

Fighters in the lower weights have shorter primes than fighters in the higher weights.

Fighters at ww and below are considered "old" in their 30's. Can't say the same thing for HWs

As for Inoue getting better, I don't think we can say that for certain.

Some fighters especially at the lower weights have a very short prime but Inoue hasn't shown that he's on the decline IMO. Donaire is a bigger guy with scary power who used to be one of the best p4p boxers at one point.

Comment

Working...
                      X