This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always the same ****.

They say Ward is world class because he beat "euro bums" in Kovalev, Froch, Kessler and so on.

They say GGG is overrated but Canelo is elite because he beat GGG. How is non elite win making you elite?

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      Beterbiev "jumped to the front of the line" and became Mandatory for SOG Ward.

Why did Ward retire? why not put him in his place? Show him that he's just a B level Eastern Euro bum.
      because theres no money in beterbiev...nobody knows him......and they wont top wards kovalev purses....whats the point? why not retire unbeaten and healthy and a hall of famer and get a nice job calling fights?

what had beterbiev accomplished in the last 2 years that would make the fight worth it and convince someone to pay ward 10 mil for it?

Comment

Let’s be fair, since ex soviet boxers have started to compete in the pro’s, they have had a LOT of success

Comment

Man it’s anything goes on this forum lol

Comment

All these threads German, British, Ukranian, Russian, or general Euro hate always comes from the same corner of the world. America. Americans (in general) seem to struggle to accept anything could possibly be as good as its American counterpart. So in general all foreign Boxers are hype jobs. Its not Russians saying it about Ukraines or visa versa its always coming from America. Americans (in general) just spit on the rest of the world out of ignorance.

Great fighters come from all over the world and the world can appreciate great fighters from all over the world, Its just Americans that struggle to give none American stuff any credit and the better these foreigners get the more you hear from Americans slating it. Its like a defence mechanism or something, they cant help it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
              Beterbiev is one of my favorite fighters, I picked him years ago to be a future champion & to defeat Gvozdyk. That being said he was not ready for Ward, Ward is just on another level, he's a special fighter.

SOG lost his passion for boxing after being retired & cashing out against Sergey. He had nothing else to prove, he beat the boogeyman of 175, if Ward beat AB all they'd say is "well what about this guy, and this other guy" etc. So on and so forth. That sort of thing never ends.
              You're 100% right about your last statement, that's how it always is with everyone these days. You can clear out an entire division and retire, and 3 years later you'll be accused of ducking the new top guy in the division.

I just don't see how you can say Beterbiev skipped the line though He became a mandatory the correct way, didn't use politics, and he didn't fight no hopers. The guy KTFO Tavoris Cloud in what...his third fight? Sure he won his title vacant (which sucks) but that wasn't a fault of his own. Lots of guys will go after vacant belts. He was a mandatory before it was vacated.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                because theres no money in beterbiev...nobody knows him......and they wont top wards kovalev purses....whats the point? why not retire unbeaten and healthy and a hall of famer and get a nice job calling fights?

what had beterbiev accomplished in the last 2 years that would make the fight worth it and convince someone to pay ward 10 mil for it?
                Became Ward's mandatory challenger. Usually that's enough to earn a title shot.

And lmfao @ using purses like Ward ever moved the needle. Didn't both Ward/Kov PPVs LOSE money? The only people who watched those fights were die hards like us.

Ward didn't get 10 mil for Sullivan Barerra, Alexander Brand, Paul Smith, Edwin Rodriguez...these were the big money fights that were worth it to you? He probably got 10 mil for those 4 combined.
                Last edited by _Rexy_; 10-19-2019, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Imagine, when all these Uzbek world champs turn pro and take on fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    You're 100% right about your last statement, that's how it always is with everyone these days. You can clear out an entire division and retire, and 3 years later you'll be accused of ducking the new top guy in the division.

I just don't see how you can say Beterbiev skipped the line though He became a mandatory the correct way, didn't use politics, and he didn't fight no hopers. The guy KTFO Tavoris Cloud in what...his third fight? Sure he won his title vacant (which sucks) but that wasn't a fault of his own. Lots of guys will go after vacant belts. He was a mandatory before it was vacated.
                    I never said AB skipped the line though, i said he's legit. Its these other guys like ggg & Usyk I think that "jumped" to the front of the line, before them I called out Bute & Kovalev.

I just don't like how these euro fighters get crowned when they haven't beaten anybody worth noting. Like Usyk for example, people saying he's already the most skilled guy at HW, that cruiser is better than HW, that he'd beat Wilder easily, etc. In reality he's made a career fighting in one of the weaker divisions in boxing.

I been on fire with my predictions for like the last decade.

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnTaylor View Post
                      There appears to be some weird Ex-Soviet fetishism going on at this message board... Don't get me wrong here, there have been some okay boxers from the Ex-Soviet countries, but this is not just weird, it's straight up creepy.

Golovkin is a loudmouth who wasted his entire career fighting trash like Kell Brook and Daniel Geale at 160 lb, while ducking challenges like Andre Ward (despite saying he was ready for anyone from 154-168 lb), never moving out of his comfort zone. He's getting old now, still haven't moved above 160 lb and still doesn't have any significant wins that weren't controversial (if you count his win against Daniel Jacobs as an actual win, then congrats, he got ONE significant win on his resume). Yet people hype him as some fantastic fighter, come on, Golovkin is just lame.

Kovalev is a guy who punches hard, but who got no actual skills. He was tripping over his own feet while chasing Pascal around the ring, he beat an old Hopkins and he got beat twice by a wasted version of Andre Ward who was far past his best, making excuses for both losses... He's a bad loser, a bad boxer and his only significant win is Eleider Alvarez. Why is he hyped like some big deal?

Usyk dominated cruiserweight, I gotta give him that, but come on, cruiserweight has always been a lame division. Evander Holyfield is one of my all-time favorite fighter and I admit that it also was shid back when he dominated. The division is just cursed. Usyk dominated a weak division, moved up to heavyweight and yes, we don't KNOW if he's yet another overhyped eastern bum yet, but neither do we know if he's worth anything and beating an old fat Witherspoon hardly proves anything. I'm not saying Usyk's bad, but let him prove himself before you hype him up merely because of his background.

Lomachenko beat an old undersized Rigondeaux, he has been fighting nothing but trash opponents the last few years and it seems like his career will have no more highlights to speak of. He lost to Salido. Get over it, he's a good boxer, but he's nothing compared to boxers like Mayweather, Pacquaio, Roy Jones Jr, y'know, the legends who had skillsets so great that they transcended several weight divisions. I simply don't get why this guy is hyped up so much. He's good, true, no one can deny that. But nothing special at all, there are many good boxers.

I don't even wanna talk about the Klitschko sisters...

Why is it that these Ex-Soviet fighters have to do basically nothing in order to get this extreme hype that they're getting? When did this fetishism start, how did it start and what can we do to make it stop? Race and nationality should not be a factor in a sport as international as boxing.
                      Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                      It's a pattern, they get to jump to the front of the line for whatever reason even though they're not that good. I been calling them out the past decade+ & I've been right about every one of them & I've also been called a troll every one of those times lol
                      One racist piece of trash gets banned, maybe the other one should too?

Comment

Working...
                      X