• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
    Simply quit.

Its either you like to smoke or not...

==

You are the master not the cigarette... I smoke when surrounded by smokers LOL...
    It's the best way........

Comment

Don't make an ash of yourself.

Comment

If you consider what's better for your health and sometimes giving it up for the man upstairs can do it!

Comment

In the east we have such pills which remove the abstention syndrome and helped me to stop smoking after 8 years of experience.
          Dont know if somebody sell it in US.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
            Sorry to hear that TonyGe. Back in the day in San Francisco, while attending grad school no less... My wife and I were wild. Every drug you can think of we did, and some, on the regular. I classifed our use into two categories: There was stupid use... things like smoking, heroine, cocaine, speed... and then there was drugs that were part of a greater social experience for us. MDMA, Ecstacy (I had a chemist friend who made special batches for us) Mushrooms (my spiritual guide! lol) LSd, etc... Hash and eating speed could be either or... sometimes we had some real nice social outings.

We never did any of these to a point where we were addicted but I had a fellow friend, tripper, who had worked for years in addiction stuff. I also had some experience as a Psych worker on an acute unit, where we often recieved people who were addicts...

My friend made the point that ALL these drugs, despite being simple, follow a similar mechanism of addiction. Interesting enough, someone else in the field also told me that pot is the worse drug to stop because unlike most drugs it attaches to more types of brain and nerve cells... So again, in reality the severity of a drug and it's pull was not necessarily how enticing it is. The mechanism for addiction is all the same.

With that said I would encourage you to not lose hope, not assume that being addicted to any drug is acceptable, and to sit down and break down the system of how your addiction works. The only drug I ever had to withdraw from was for an injury and I gave an account of the process. It can be brutal...

Good luck!
            Originally posted by Bossony View Post
            In the east we have such pills which remove the abstention syndrome and helped me to stop smoking after 8 years of experience.
            Dont know if somebody sell it in US.
            there was a drug to treat depression about 8 years ago that had the side effect that it made people not want to smoke. I don't know how it worked but it took away the satisfaction people normally get from smoking, it is probably still available somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
              Sorry to hear that TonyGe. Back in the day in San Francisco, while attending grad school no less... My wife and I were wild. Every drug you can think of we did, and some, on the regular. I classifed our use into two categories: There was stupid use... things like smoking, heroine, cocaine, speed... and then there was drugs that were part of a greater social experience for us. MDMA, Ecstacy (I had a chemist friend who made special batches for us) Mushrooms (my spiritual guide! lol) LSd, etc... Hash and eating speed could be either or... sometimes we had some real nice social outings.

We never did any of these to a point where we were addicted but I had a fellow friend, tripper, who had worked for years in addiction stuff. I also had some experience as a Psych worker on an acute unit, where we often recieved people who were addicts...

My friend made the point that ALL these drugs, despite being simple, follow a similar mechanism of addiction. Interesting enough, someone else in the field also told me that pot is the worse drug to stop because unlike most drugs it attaches to more types of brain and nerve cells... So again, in reality the severity of a drug and it's pull was not necessarily how enticing it is. The mechanism for addiction is all the same.

With that said I would encourage you to not lose hope, not assume that being addicted to any drug is acceptable, and to sit down and break down the system of how your addiction works. The only drug I ever had to withdraw from was for an injury and I gave an account of the process. It can be brutal...

Good luck!
              I'm going to try again. Getting a prescription for Champix.

Comment

read Easyway to Stop Smoking by Allen Carr

Comment

I weaned myself off of cigarettes. The first week I would light up an hour later than I usually do. The next week I wouldn't light up until another hour after that. The next week another hour until I would literally wait until 10 pm to have a cigarette. At that point I thought to myself, "If I go to bed, I won't need one". I went to bed and was able to not smoke after that.

Comment

Ive been smoking for about 25yrs and it’s my worst habit.

I quit drinking cold turkey but cigs are different. It’s much tougher for me for some reason.

The way I see it you gotta do something cuz purity sucks.

I mean sht I dont drink and if i cant even smoke, where is the fun in that lol.

I smoke cigs and lots of weed because it helps with my sanity.

Comment

I quit drugs so many times, for years at a time.
                      I used to work with guys that smoked weed and cigarettes all the time.

The weed was easy to drop because it was shake, seed and stems. But the tobacco was harder.

I switched to cigars, but my throat was too dry at night and the nicotine was haunting me.

Comment

Working...
                      X