No announcement yet.

Who did better against Charlo!? Korobov or Derevyanchenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who did better against Charlo!? Korobov or Derevyanchenko

Man, looking back...I’d say Korobov’s performance is very underrated and a peculiar one. I’d say both fights could be seen 7-5 for Charlo. Though Korobov landed straight lefts at least twice each round if I recall? To judges that looks good regarding the better shots. It’s not like Jermall Charlo was attacking Korobov to regain more points the way Canelo had to chase and smash Lara’s body.

Gonna pick Derevyanchenko. He hurt Jermall in the 6-8 rounds if I recall. Really good inside work. Jermall had to clinch. I need to watch the Korobov fight again to see if Jermall was hurt anytime in that fight like with Derevyanchenko
    Korobov
    72.73%
    Derevyanchenko
    27.27%
    Last edited by Thuglife Nelo; 09-30-2020, 03:45 AM.

Who did better? I thought Korobov actually won that fight by 2 rounds. Dervy lost by 3 on my scorecard.

Comment

Korobov imo I had him winning. I thought charlo beat derevyanchenko

Comment

I had Charlo beating them around the same amount, 8-4 in rounds. Maybe I had the Korobov fight 7-5, I don't remember now.

I thought both were good fights, but Derevyanchenko made Charlo work more as he kept coming, while Korobov had some early success but then slowed down towards the end and was hurt badly in the 11th or 12th round.

I'd actually like to see Derevyanchenko vs Korobov. That's a good fight.
        Last edited by KTFOKING; 09-30-2020, 10:08 AM. Reason: Update

Comment

Landing 1 or 2 clean left hands a round doesn't exactly equate to a good performance. Chenko did much better and he still only won 4 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            I'd actually like to see Derevyanchenko vs Korobov. That's a good fight.
            That would be a good co-main for Jermall vs Eubank Jr.

Comment

thread after thread after thread about the Charlo brothers. You have them on your brain big time. Dervy did better but Jermall clearly won both fights in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
                Who did better? I thought Korobov actually won that fight by 2 rounds. Dervy lost by 3 on my scorecard.
                Originally posted by Juicy J View Post
                Korobov imo I had him winning. I thought charlo beat derevyanchenko
                That's funny. I had the Korobov fight 7-5 to Charlo or 6-6. Derevy fight I had Derevy winning 7-5 or it was a draw.

Comment

Both

Add up to the poll

Comment

Originally posted by Al Broker View Post
                    That would be a good co-main for Jermall vs Eubank Jr.
                    Oh definitely, not a bad idea at all. Derevyanchenko is used to getting these big pay days now, but will have to get a few wins under his belt before he sees that type of money again.

I could do without Charlo vs Eubank Jr but clearly that is a fight the PBC is pushing for some reason...Maybe a promise to Eubank when he was signed? I don't know, but get that one out of the way and then move up to 168.

Comment

Working...
                    X