No announcement yet.

Duke Univ VP has 2 baristas fired for playing rap music at work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaded View Post
    I recently ate at a Greek restaurant where the music was too loud and complained about it. I've complained many times when I go to a retail outlet to spend money and I don't like the way the staff serve me.

He asked to speak to management and they wouldn't let him so he went above them. I would have done the same.
    Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    Red - where did you hear that?

I read that they turn it down or off and apologized a few times. Even offered his muffin free but he refused and paid for it.

Then went and abused his power.
    Indy Week reported that, according to Britni, Moneta said: "The words, 'I’ll eff you upside down,' are inappropriate." (We should note that the song doesn't actually say that, according to the lyrics on Genius, but does include the F word multiple times.) Britni told Indy Week that she quickly turned off the song and apologized several times; she says that she even told Moneta that he didn't have to pay for his order. She says that Moneta refused her offer, paid his bill, and walked out. Britni's co-worker, Kevin, said that he was busy making drinks but said that he observed that Moneta was upset with Britni.
    And thev statement from the owner doesn't indicate she didn't refuse to comply

About 10 minutes after Moneta left, Robbie Roberts, the owner of Joe Van Gogh, reportedly called and spoke to Britni. She explained to him what happened and apologized again. On Monday, Britni and Kevin were fired by Amanda Wiley — a human resources rep for Joe Van Gogh — and given a severance package.

"We had gotten a call from Robert Coffey [director of dining services] of Duke saying that the VP of the university had come into the shop and that there was vulgar music playing," Wiley said, in a recording obtained by Indy Week. "Joe Van Gogh is contracted by Duke University, so we essentially work for them. And they can shut us down at any point." She added: "Duke University has instructed us to terminate the employees that were working that day."

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
      Lol so basically vp didn’t care about students using the N word but was against rap music?
      That about sums it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Yup. That's what I read.
        I hope jaded will issue an apology.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          That about sums it up.
          Get sane, young n*gga. Get sane

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
            Get sane, young n*gga. Get sane
            You need to open your eyes and really see. The world around us is going crazy and it's no accident.

A race war would serve the purposes of The Powers That Be very well.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              You need to open your eyes and really see. The world around us is going crazy and it's no accident.

A race war would serve the purposes of The Powers That Be very well.
              Red - How so?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Yup...I miss-read it. It's hard to always pay full attention sometimes to all these victim threads. There's so many of them I get overwhelmed and somethings slip by.

Comment

Yup...I miss-read it. It's hard to always pay full attention sometimes to all these victim threads. There's so many of them I get overwhelmed and somethings slip by.
                  True. It's hard to read all the articles.

Comment

if the lyrics were offensive, they should have been fired (unless that place oks such 'songs').

youre at work, not home or in a club.

if a person wants to do as they please, they should open up their own business.

Comment

Victim threads? You mean a thread about a good deed Young Dolph did.

Comment

Working...
                      X