Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: NSAC On Golovkin's Claims: No Favoritism For Canelo in Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    Eichner had added, "Further investigation is needed to make a final determination" - which the paper states is because "Canelo's Feb. 17 positive sample contained such a higher level than the positive sample collected on Feb. 20."

Yeah, that part! This is looking very bad!
    Golden boy shouldn't of cut out the line but drug expert Memo already explained why you see the drop from 1 test to the 2nd. Folks are now trying to twist that to saying only 1 test had values consistent with meat contamination. Not true WADA own website they state values 1ng or lower are in range for meat contamination. The first test had 0.6-0.8ng lower then 1ng. And the second test had 0.06-0.08ng lower 1ng. What the director said isn't that only 1 test is within range for meat contamination but that since there were 2 test they need to investigate why which Nevada is doing. Everybody was reporting canelo failed 2 tests so it was no need that info was out there but golden boy was trying to act like only 1 test to the public. Means nothing for the investigation since Nevada has always know it was 2 tests.

https://www.am.com.mx/2018/03/07/gen...#ixzz59CFfL8SU

03/07/2018
    The contamination of Saul Alvarez was due to consume meat, said Angel Guillermo Heredia.

The physical trainer analyzed on his own the concentrations of clenbuterol that the "Canelo" threw in the voluntary tests carried out by the VADA (Voluntary Anti-Doping Association) on February 17 and 20 in Jalisco.

The result for the Guadalajara man was 0.6 to 0.8 nanograms per milliliter in the first, and 0.06 to 0.08 in the second.

"When doing a mathematical calculation, taking into account what is the half-life of clenbuterol, which is 36 hours, depends on the human being, the activity of the athlete or metabolism of the person, taking those factors, I made an exponential equation and I It gives me an accuracy of 99 percent that amount (of the 'Canelo') is according to consumption of contaminated meat.

"In my opinion, neutral, and as a scientist and with morals, as a professional, with all the experience I have, it is practically due to contamination, since the levels of 'Canelo' are too low, what happens is that there are many problems of clenbuterol in Mexico, "Heredia added.

"There are cases above 20 or 25, or up to 40 nanograms per milliliter, and they are clearly taking that substance as doping, and one point is that the tests were in Mexico, 'Canelo' ate that meat in Mexico."
    If today I took a pill, the minimum dose of clenbuterol, which is 0.02 milligrams, means that when I take that pill I will have an amount of 20 ng / ml in the urine, and after 36 hours I will have 10 ng / ml, and after another 36 hours I will have 5 thousand.

Then, the "Canelo" had less than 1 ng / ml, and even lower 3 days later, so it goes according to what is metabolism of clenbuterol, it is nothing, and 'Canelo' for me is clean.
    Last edited by bigdunny1; 03-23-2018, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Graz View Post
      Just imagine if it were Golovkin who tested positive. The commission and haters would be all over him like a cheap shirt. I’m not buying this “tainted meat” BS either. Golden Boy had to come up with something. What else could they say? They weren’t going to admit he was injecting PEDs. Canelo and GB can only carry his baby face image so far. He’s been caught and now he should pay for it. One thing for sure. Golovkin better win convincingly or knock him out on May 5 or Vegas will gift Canelo again. We all know this venue picks their favorites and Canelo is one of them $$$.
      golden boy like most latrinos is corrupt after all they come from a failed narco state where the govt and military are bought off. remember him taking a dive against Hopkins then they went partners 10 minutes after the fight

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        Golden boy shouldn't of cut out the line but drug expert Memo already explained why you see the drop from 1 test to the 2nd. Folks are now trying to twist that to saying only 1 test had values consistent with meat contamination. Not true WADA own website they state values 1ng or lower are in range for meat contamination. The first test had 0.6-0.8ng lower then 1ng. And the second test had 0.06-0.08ng lower 1ng. What the director said isn't that only 1 test is within range for meat contamination but that since there were 2 test they need to investigate why which Nevada is doing. Everybody was reporting canelo failed 2 tests so it was no need that info was out there but golden boy was trying to focus on only 1 test to the public.

https://www.am.com.mx/2018/03/07/gen...#ixzz59CFfL8SU

The contamination of Saul Alvarez was due to consume meat, said Angel Guillermo Heredia.

The physical trainer analyzed on his own the concentrations of clenbuterol that the "Canelo" threw in the voluntary tests carried out by the VADA (Voluntary Anti-Doping Association) on February 17 and 20 in Jalisco.

The result for the Guadalajara man was 0.6 to 0.8 nanograms per milliliter in the first, and 0.06 to 0.08 in the second.

"When doing a mathematical calculation, taking into account what is the half-life of clenbuterol, which is 36 hours, depends on the human being, the activity of the athlete or metabolism of the person, taking those factors, I made an exponential equation and I It gives me an accuracy of 99 percent that amount (of the 'Canelo') is according to consumption of contaminated meat.

"In my opinion, neutral, and as a scientist and with morals, as a professional, with all the experience I have, it is practically due to contamination, since the levels of 'Canelo' are too low, what happens is that there are many problems of clenbuterol in Mexico, "Heredia added.

"There are cases above 20 or 25, or up to 40 nanograms per milliliter, and they are clearly taking that substance as doping, and one point is that the tests were in Mexico, 'Canelo' ate that meat in Mexico."
        If today I took a pill, the minimum dose of clenbuterol, which is 0.02 milligrams, means that when I take that pill I will have an amount of 20 ng / ml in the urine, and after 36 hours I will have 10 ng / ml, and after another 36 hours I will have 5 thousand.

Then, the "Canelo" had less than 1 ng / ml, and even lower 3 days later, so it goes according to what is metabolism of clenbuterol, it is nothing, and 'Canelo' for me is clean.
        When we start quoting "MEMO" and other scientists...IT'S NOT A GOOD LOOK!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          When we start quoting "MEMO" and other scientists...IT'S NOT A GOOD LOOK!
          How about Victor Conte who told yahoo sports that BOTH test results were consistent with meat contamination. Less then 1ng = ultra-trace level.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports...222205202.html

The concentration of Clenbuterol in Alvarez’s body was low, and that is significant, Conte said.

“When they say trace amounts, it’s way down in the parts per trillion,” Conte said. “You have parts per million, parts per billion and then parts per trillion. You have trace and then this would be called ultra-trace concentrations. So do I think this is likely it came from a contaminated meat source? I do.”

Comment

let the commission do its job.

remember those days? I'm sure all the Pacfarts remember those days pretty well.

those were good times.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              Of course, said the accused. I mean it's not like Canelo got his first title shot, a vacant belt against legendary Matthew Hatton who never even fought in the division. No open scoring in his first step up fight against Austin Trout. Didn't get a draw against Floyd on one card in a fight he was embarrassed in. Didn't have wide scores in a fight he could have lost to Lara. Didn't fight in a made up weight class just for himself that the sanctioning bodies recognized as legit. Didn't get a draw in a fight he should have lost against Golovkin. And definitely didn't have a failed drug test that is swept under the rug. Yep, absolutely no favoritism here, thanks for clearing it uo, carry on!
              Add the that list his decision win scoring against Cotto. If I recall correctly, one judge had him winning 11 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                I believe it, I believe NSAC will be fair and rightfully see Canelo as a clean fighter.

Canelo is a clean fighter, the wbc and the wba is looking at all the evidence and have concluded that they believe it is from mean contamination and nothing else, also the wada accredited doctor collaborated this by his statements on this matter (not this particular matter but this matter in general) and states levels as which canelo had "SHOULD BE CONSIDERED A NEGATIVE TEST".

So their is no reason to think NSAC will rule against science and expert advice.

WAR CANELO!
                Eichner had added, "Further investigation is needed to make a final determination," on the matter because Alvarez's Feb. 17 positive sample contained such a higher level than the positive sample collected on Feb. 20.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
                  You didn't even read the last part of the post did you, it says they're looking into it further because he tested higher on the . Possible indications that he was cycling off of something. His levels are also 14 times higher than other people tested that use the tainted meat excuse. But go ahead if you want to support a potential cheater be my guest.
                  14 times? Damn... could you provide a link please?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    How about Victor Conte who told yahoo sports that BOTH test results were consistent with meat contamination. Less then 1ng = ultra-trace level.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports...222205202.html

The concentration of Clenbuterol in Alvarez’s body was low, and that is significant, Conte said.

“When they say trace amounts, it’s way down in the parts per trillion,” Conte said. “You have parts per million, parts per billion and then parts per trillion. You have trace and then this would be called ultra-trace concentrations. So do I think this is likely it came from a contaminated meat source? I do.”
                    Why not bring in Lance Armstrong and Alex Rodriguez next? I don't even know if boxing fans understand what i'm saying? It's not whether Canelo ate contaminated meat or not, it's about the optics! We don't see Memo and Victor Conte commenting on PEDs in the NFL! When we are talking about steroids, off-cycles, etc., and not sparring, training camps, etc., we have a problem. When guys busted in BALCO scandals actually become just as important to the sport as Freddie Roach and Emanuel Steward (R.I.P.), we have a problem!

Comment

can we please just go back to the days of "let the commission do its job"?

those were simpler times. remember when all the Pacfarts said asking for blood tests is a form of ducking. how far we have come.

2009: the fighter that demands blood tests is a duck.
                      2018: the fighter that declines testing is a cheater.

if this was just the commission doing urine testing it would've been smooth sailing for Canelo during his cycle.

Comment

Working...
                      X