Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do haters focus on who fighters didn't fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can pick any top fighter, Past or Present, and no doubt there will be other good fighters around at the time who they could, theoretically have fought. It is the same for every fighter, and you see these names thrown around as "ducked". There is also this strange paradigm where it is always the lesser of the two fighters, or the less accomplished of the two, who got ducked, and the more accomplished was the one doing the ducking. It is flawed. If you have to hate on a fighter by trying to say they ducked someone else, or were scared to fight someone else, you are basically admitting you have no substance to what you're saying.

There are a couple of exceptions to the rule though. Like when Riddick Bowe threw the belt in the trash. Or when Carl Froch said live on air that Gennady Golovkin is a killer and he would have no interest in fighting him. But the certified ducks are very, very few.

Comment

A true hater will come up with anything they can to trash the boxer they hate. Average boxers never get much hate because they are not worth the bother. It is very good fighters like GGG, Loma, Crawford and Spence who get so much hate on here as a rule. A tall tree gets hit with the most wind. Nobody can fight all the top guys near their weight with boxers only fighting twice a year on average. Haters can always find somebody they didn't fight even if they resort to saying he never fought guys in higher weight classes.

Comment

I've seen Marciano criticized for not fighting Patterson and even Liston.

Comment

You can't solely judge a fighter based upon who he fought or who he beat, without taking into consideration who he didn't fight (but could have) or whether or not these victories were against fighters at their best. Any casual can look at a fighter's resume and see names that look impressive, but once you start dissecting those wins and noticing a pattern, that's when fighters deserve to be called out on it.

Floyd brings this criticism and speculation upon himself by insisting he is "The Best Ever", while he denigrates other fighter's records.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
            theres a certain fanbase that has had to make tons of excuses for their guy....and theyve had to defend him because he was sold as something that he just wasnt....so these guys need to attack more accomplished fighters and try to pick apart their resume....but the minute someone questions their hero they defend every move that guy ever made and excuse everything

its sad that we still have to hear about bute in regards to ward...or margarito in regards to floyd

its because golovkin fans feel insecure ...the minute someone questions golovkin their excuses and "but" starts to fly....golovkin has never ducked anyone and everything that never happened is always someone elses fault

but we have to hear about bute and margarito who were both beaten by several fighters who were much less than floyd and ward.....i saw this many years ago with pacquiao fans...it was cool to like pac...and who wouldnt...he was beating guys up and fun and fun to watch....but then his fans came out and were downplaying everything floyd was doing or ever did and swearing that pac would kick floyd arse...they never once considered that manny and arum delayed the fight either...it turned alot of people off on rooting for pacquiao and enjoying his career....even myself....and i was a big fan and have seen him fight live several times and enjoyed the heck out of it.....pac fans turned to golovkin fans...some great hope to make insecure white men feel like theyre winning something(im a white male myself)

you see it some extent with loma too but not as bad...
            Pacquiao has a come forward agressive style. Golovkin has a come forward agressive style. Did it ever occur to you that people who are fans of that type of fighter would gravitate to Pac and Golovkin. You are so caught up in proving that you are white and not biased you can't even recognize something as obvious as that. Hell I thought Mayweather was one of the greatest fighters I ever saw when he was Pretty Boy Floyd. When he morphed into Money May and started running around the ring apron I lost interest. Yes I know he had hand problems and he's still a great fighter but some people just don't care for that type of fighting. I've never understood the logic behind the PAC Golovkin narrative posted here constantly. Klitschko I wouldn't walk across the street to see his fights. Hate the way Ward fights with all the fouling. Love Lennox Lewis. It's not cut and dried like you are saying.

Comment

wtf u on about, its about making the big fights when they are hot and the public want them,not mariniating like happens all the time wtf is that not obvious, if people dont do that and retire from hot deivisions cos whatever then thats a problem imo, yes judge them on theri fights but u also need to say other things too

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                If you take away the (very weak) argument of "yea but he didn't fight this fighter", "he ducked this fighter", it takes away the majority of the ammunition for the haters.

Take Floyd for example. His whole career is flawless. He beat everyone he faced, made a lot of the fights look like easy work. A long string of opponents who either had name value or a real meritorious standing in their division. Floyd was pure class inside the ring. But haters focus on who he didn't fight. The list of apparently ducked fighters is exhaustive. The real haters could come up with 50 fighters Floyd apparently shoulda but didn't fight. It is laughable.

Why do haters do it? It is the weakest argument in my opinion. Judge a fighter on his body of work and who he has beaten. If a fight never happened you are stepping into the realms of fantasy.
                It is strange... I mean Floyd beat Canelo, Pacquiao, De La Hoya etc yet people are mad he didn’t face Margarito.

I had some guy trying to tell me Pacquiao avoided Nate Campbell last week.

It’s just mad... I swear if Ray Robinson fought today people would be whining about him “ducking” Charley Burley.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                  I've seen Marciano criticized for not fighting Patterson and even Liston.
                  You must’ve forgot Marciano had the power of hindsight. He knew Liston would destroy Patterson in 62 so retired 7 years earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
                    It’s ridiculously hard to get any two top fighters in the ring to fight. Top guys fight how many times a year? Sum negotiations take years. So how long is a fighters prime? So many people claim “Prime Tyson” was a small window while he was young. So is everyone’s “prime” at different ages and lasted for different amounts of time? Obviously u are no Floyd fan, which is ur prerogative of course. Didn’t u say he never fought anyone in their prime? That would be impossible to pull off with the number of fights he’s had. Go ahead and try and prove that without reducing everyone else’s careers at the same time? So how long was Floyd’s prime then? Are u saying his prime is longer than other fighters? Younger fighters he’s faced weren’t more in their prime than him? How many fights do u expect to get made between two people in their prime then? Remember none of Floyd’s opponents were in their prime, so that’s your reference. “Prime Tyson” wasent worth as much money as “washed up” Tyson. This is prize fighting after all. How many times did u think Floyd was going to lose then? That’s perspective. Or are u saying ur a Floyd Hater but bet on him to win all his fights? Did u pick him to beat Manny or not? Cough up ur record? Of course people say the guy a fighter didn’t fight was the guy that would beat him. But if u want ur opinion to be worth anything then let’s see ur track record? U pick Tyson to beat Holyfield? Name the careers that exemplifies never “ducked anyone” and fought everyone in their prime? It’s all relative. U wanna tell us all when Floyd’s opponents primes were? That will also trash a lot of other fighters careers at the same time, once again putting things in perspective. After seeing Floyd fight Manny, even if u could go back in time and know that Floyd wouldn’t use an IV, u wouldn’t bet a time on Manny. What’s your opinion on Andre Ward then? Dudes way behind on fights? Show us your math on ur reasoning? Are u really intimidated by an IV?
                    Your post is way too long to read but I never bet against floyd. He ducked plenty of fighters as most fighters have and he didn’t take on a prime fighter post de la Hoya fight but I would have favored floyd in all fights. But he took the biggest reward lowest risk fights all the time

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                      It is strange... I mean Floyd beat Canelo, Pacquiao, De La Hoya etc yet people are mad he didn’t face Margarito.

I had some guy trying to tell me Pacquiao avoided Nate Campbell last week.

It’s just mad... I swear if Ray Robinson fought today people would be whining about him “ducking” Charley Burley.
                      Pac ducked rahim not sure why maybe it was his awkwardness but it turned out that dude wasn’t much

Comment

Working...
                      X