Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Posters claim being undefeated means nothing...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posters claim being undefeated means nothing...

Yet as soon as a fighter they dislike loses they have a field day slamming them......And even when they win they discredit the damn win!!!....

It doesn't mean nothing obviously. But it's funny when people slam fighters for losing close decisions that could go either way and aren't critical of undefeated fighters for having close decision wins, like it isn't the same damn thing lol. I swear the record on paper is more important than the actual fights and context to some.

Comment

it means nothing but it is some fuel to diss a fighter in this era of "I STILL GOT MY O"

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
        it means nothing but it is some fuel to diss a fighter in this era of "I STILL GOT MY O"
        I said that in Broner's voice

Comment

For me, accomplishments matter more than the number of losses a boxer has. Accomplishment = wins. Quality of accomplishment = beating the best possible opponents in one's weight division and the more wins against such opponents, the better quality of one's accomplishment and the more convincingly one beats such opponents in terms of how little they get hit (the less the better), relative to how often they land punches on opponent (the more the better) and how many rounds they win (the more the better), the better the quality of their accomplishment.

If a boxer has 0 losses in amateur boxing but also has 0 gold medals, is that boxer really better than another boxer who has 3 losses but has won 4 gold medals in different tournaments?

Let that sink in!

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            lol theirs no other way to say it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              I swear I read it in his voice too

Comment

I feel like losses mean more than they should, nowadays. In my opinion, what matters most is when you lost, how you lost, and who you lost to. Being undefeated isn't impressive to me, unless you've convincingly beaten top-level fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by larry$ View Post
                  Yet as soon as a fighter they dislike loses they have a field day slamming them......And even when they win they discredit the damn win!!!....
                  It means something to the fighters of course it’s not going to mean anything to someone who never won a fight a day in there life. That’s why I rather have money than legacy. Going undefeated in any sport is special. It’s the participation trophy crowd that thinks being undefeated means nothing

Comment

Welcome to boxing Larry. You will find many boxing fans & sports fans in general have a heads I win, tails you lose approach to their enjoyment of the sport. I hope you will continue to come join us here to talk boxing in the future.

Comment

Working...
                    X