Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saunders To GGG: You Wanted Me When I Was Fat - Fight Me Now!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Saunders To GGG: You Wanted Me When I Was Fat - Fight Me Now!

Undefeated Billy Joe Saunders toyed with frustrated the always dangerous David Lemieux in his hometown for a one-sided victory in a successful World Boxing Organization middleweight title defence on Saturday night. Saunders (26-0) made a third defence of the title the British fighter won from Andy Lee in 2015 and showed he could be a force in the division that is currently ruled by stars Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I wouldn't have said this a few months ago or even a couple years ago, but man BJS is gonna bring so many problems for GGG. When someone can move around and has fast hands they present problems. We saw that with Canelo and Jacobs, even though he beat them both they were close fights.

The people who stood there to be hit were destroyed by GGG. Those with skills made him look like a tamed beast at times.
    Last edited by 'b'; 12-17-2017, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Saunders just shifted the leverage to K2/GGG! He didn't call out Canelo, he called out GGG! So now GGG has to think about a rematch, and what Mrs. Byrd did to him in Las Vegas, compared to fighting Saunders in the UK! Tough choice! If i'm GGG, I want Canelo in NYC, or Saunders in the UK!

Comment

Saunders admitting he ducked GGG

Saunders wants GGG now that he is old a fading.

GGG got the Canelo rematch and then a Jacobs rematch before Saunders.

If Saunders want to take Jacobs out of the equation, he needs to fight him next and then he can have GGG if the judges do their job this time round.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
          Saunders admitting he ducked GGG

Saunders wants GGG now that he is old a fading.

GGG got the Canelo rematch and then a Jacobs rematch before Saunders.

If Saunders want to take Jacobs out of the equation, he needs to fight him next and then he can have GGG if the judges do their job this time round.
          GGG doesn't have to fight a rematch w/Canelo, and he doesn't have to rematch Jacobs either, because he would be fighting a unification bout w/ Saunders for the WBO title! If he beats Saunders, he becomes the undisputed (WBC, WBA, IBF, and WBO) Middleweight Champion of the World! If i'm GGG, Saunders 1st! Let's see Canelo fight Jacobs, Charlo, or Andrade!

Comment

A couple of hours ago a lot were writing BJS' obituary!

Well he talked the talk and walked the walk... in the opponent's BACKYARD!!

Seemed like a rendition of Jeff Lacy v Joe Calzaghe all over again!!!

Suddenly BJS is no longer being seen as a walk in the park by the GGGs or Canelos.
            And good for him to CALL OUT GGG!!!

What a difference a couple of hours can make.

Oh....fights are not won on paper but in the ring where the fight actually happens!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              Saunders just shifted the leverage to K2/GGG! He didn't call out Canelo, he called out GGG! So now GGG has to think about a rematch, and what Mrs. Byrd did to him in Las Vegas, compared to fighting Saunders in the UK! Tough choice! If i'm GGG, I want Canelo in NYC, or Saunders in the UK!
              Too much money in the Canelo rematch to make it a difficult choice though.

Saunders is good but really has no following in the UK. A lot of people don't warm to his personality and the other problem was he was fighting on BoxNation. Things are better now BoxNation has teamed up with BT recently but before that, he was essentially hidden away. Only hardcore fans that were subscribing to a dedicated boxing channel could see his fights.

He's arguably far more talented than any of Hearn's fighters on Sky, but they have been getting a 1000x more press and exposure. Saunders can't fill a venue in the UK. I really believe he would be better off fighting in USA and trying to be on HBO as much as possible. It's going to be hard to get good names to come to the UK to face Saunders when he doesn't generate enough money here.

Comment

If a Golovkin v Saunders does happen it would be down the road a bit, plenty of time for Billy to fatten up.
                In the meantime maybe a Jacobs fight? (not a chance, risk-reward and all that).

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  Saunders ain't gonna get him even CLOSE to $15,000,000++

And I don't know if that offer from the WBO is still there are not??? But they said before the GGG fight Canelo if wanted could be Saunders Mandatory.

And NY had some sht scorecards as well. You mean tell me Leo Santa Cruz only won 3 rounds in their 1st fight???

Comment

Billy Joe is still with his corny disses. Fat-boy had to strip naked to make the middleweight limit! and almost lost his title on the scale! its a good thing the IBF has removed the rehydration limit for unifications or Billy would be only fighting for the WBC, WBA.

Comment

Working...
                    X