No announcement yet.

Acceptable price for PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acceptable price for PPV?

Since NSB is full of businessmen, particularly those involved with PPV no.s/projections and percentages. What do you think is a acceptable price for a PPV fight?

Because $65 is a rip, and $100 for the may-PAC fight was incredulous. Who knows what they'll charge for Canelo-Golovkin, $150 with the virginity of my first born and the soul of my girlfriend's anus (long gone)?

nobody is forcing anybody to purchase PPV. lol

let the "fans" of those boxers make the decisions. just don't cry when the results come in not complying to the haters hopeful expectations.

4K TV sets are now a common thing. a group of people watching a boxing match don't complain about the price, nor does the host providing the event for friends or family.

Comment

$29.99 and a free gift card to watch animal p o r n.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
        nobody is forcing anybody to purchase PPV. lol

let the "fans" of those boxers make the decisions. just don't cry when the results come in not complying to the haters hopeful expectations.

4K TV sets are now a common thing. a group of people watching a boxing match don't complain about the price, nor does the host providing the event for friends or family.
        Why would I cry? I hope all PPVs bomb. Boxing is a working class sport, it should be free to watch like PBC, which also makes it more accessible to more people/viewers. I wish we had that over in the U.K.

Odd mentioning the 4K tv. Not sure how that relates to a PPV price.

Comment

I wish all PPV's would be 40$

That's fair for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
            Why would I cry? I hope all PPVs bomb. Boxing is a working class sport, it should be free to watch like PBC, which also makes it more accessible to more people/viewers. I wish we had that over in the U.K.

Odd mentioning the 4K tv. Not sure how that relates to a PPV price.
            are you serious? I don't know what country you're from, but when you walk into a BestBuy and see nothing but NFL or NBA games projected on multiple 4K platforms, like in the last 2 years you might have an idea about sports entertainment...

and "crying" wasn't directed to you... generalizing

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              I wish all PPV's would be 40$

That's fair for me.
              Cosign... $39.95 for hd.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                are you serious? I don't know what country you're from, but when you walk into a BestBuy and see nothing but NFL or NBA games projected on multiple 4K platforms, like in the last 2 years you might have an idea about sports entertainment...

and "crying" wasn't directed to you... generalizing
                What do you mean? Educate me. Is it the broadcasting cost for 4K that relates to PPV prices rising higher?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
                  What do you mean? Educate me. Is it the broadcasting cost for 4K that relates to PPV prices rising higher?
                  4K television sets are cheaper nowadays than they were 2 years ago. Almost everybody is buying a new set. That's just American TV culture. For those that don't want to buy a new TV can go to a friend's or family's home to watch a particular event in better resolution. Those people might not know the technical jargin about HD or 4K, but what they do know is, the instant quality of today's sets. Therefore, when a particular individual whether to brag or not invites his family or friends to watch an event, the pride in hosting it justifies he or she purchasing the event. He or she can also buy beer and food, OR, people will bring and share knowing he or she purchased the PPV event.

MOre importantly, if GBP and their Mexican star know that the can sell PPV at $65 bucks during ethnic holiday weekends that are unique to them, why does anybody else care? If it were $40 bucks like others say, then the difference of Mexican pride to add $25 more bucks is really a problem? Alvarez vs Smith was also $55 bucks for non HD, which is still a 720 stream. "HD" is 1080p provided by most cable providers. 4K bandwidth should hit soon by the end of next year.

Did I elaborate enough?

Comment

i'm OK with paying £15 occasionally for a good event. i would consider £20 a stretch

if i lived in america i wouldn't order PPVs ever

Comment

Working...
                    X