No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spike O'Sullivan Drops, Stops Antoine Douglas in 7th Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
    Douglas is a perfect example of bringing up a fighter to fast and letting a young fighter take to much punishment in a fight.

Congrats to O'Sullivan. He has capitalized on the oppurtunities that he has been given.

O'Sullivan vs Rosado would be good. As for Douglas I know it's early but he need to either retire or get a new corner. Either way it's going to be tough road for him going forward.
    i think its more of an example of questioning bringing up a fighter like Douglas at all.

Very poor skills, durability, overrated power and just very very little boxing talent. Are people so desperate for american fighters that they waste money, time and resources bringing up someone like Douglas?

You know what, never mind. I answered my own question.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
      Douglas started too fast and when he gassed it was clearly noticeable
      Amen!

The ref was asleep at the wheel at the end of the fight!

Good kid actually. Maybe just much too soon HMHO!
      Last edited by TJ highway; 12-17-2017, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Great win for Sullivan over a lazy slow unmotivated Douglas

Spike was set up to lose this fight. Spike obviously did not hear the expectations of him to lose to Douglas. Spike beat the hell out of a lazy unmotivated Douglas. Career over for Douglas. GreaT WIN FOR ALL OF iRELAND. i LIKE SPIKE

Comment

Douglas is just a fighter with some talent that can't deal with guys that can't be discouraged and keep throwing. Simple as that, there's a lot of fighters that have been that way. It is what it is.

Any tough fighter beyond a decent level that can bang and keep coming will beat him now.

Comment

Douglas stepped up to soon that first loss took allot out of him. He needs a new trainer. He came in trying to land everything with power. He didn't move enough and he tried to trade with O'Sullivan which was exactly what O'Sullivan wanted. I knew from before the fight this wasn't going to end well. Maybe he can bounce back by upsetting a title contender in a stay busy fight. This shows that even if you're a talented boxer if you don't have a solid trainer/team you can only accomplish so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              Douglas needs to go to the hospital ASAP. That didn't look good at all.

He will be having nightmares of Spike like Rocky with Drago.
              Yea something seemed wrong with him afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Douglas needs to go to the hospital ASAP. That didn't look good at all.
                Agreed. I'm sure its mandatory for fighters who get knocked out to have to visit the hospital for a check up.

This is why Roy Jones is the best commentator in the business as he called it regarding Douglas from round 1.

The way Douglas was reacting to the punches wasn't normal either as though his Body circuit wasn't wired properly.

Comment

I wonder if Bill the Butcher gets brought back for another HBO fight? He's fun enough to watch.

Comment

Douglas a shot fighter

Douglas needs to retire. It's not worth your health young man. Stop now before it's too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
                      Agreed. I'm sure its mandatory for fighters who get knocked out to have to visit the hospital for a check up.

This is why Roy Jones is the best commentator in the business as he called it regarding Douglas from round 1.

The way Douglas was reacting to the punches wasn't normal either as though his Body circuit wasn't wired properly.
                      RJJ said something was wrong with Douglas 20 seconds into the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X