Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux Trainer Reacts To Critics: My Fighter is No Quitter!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

***Quitllermo Rigonmeow***

........The Newest member of the Pu$$yCat Dolls

Comment

That makes sense then if the trainer stops it. Besides it was one way traffic straight from Lomachenko-ville!! I give Rigo credit for accepting the fight knowing he was up against a hungry young lion. Rigo could have easily rejected to fight Lomachenko at 130 and everybody would have understood his position since he fights at 122 and is 37 years old. But he took a chance moving up two weight classes to fight a younger, stronger, faster guy and lost a one sided fight to a guy most consider one of the best p4p fighters in all of boxing!! And with the criticism Rigo is getting is why some top fighters are scared to take a chance with their career! They feel like if they suffer an embarrassing defeat they won't recover. So some fighters rather make millions fighting nobodies instead as long as they can until the guy they're avoiding becomes mandatory, even then some vacate to keep that money coming in. So either the guy gets criticized for ducking or a guy takes a loss to a champion and is labeled a hype job. It doesn't seem to be any middle ground with "SOME" boxing fans. Promoters know this and that is why the boxing public don't always get the fights we deserve. Fighters scared to lose and promoters scared to lose money while "SOME" fans are quick to label a fighter a hype job or a cherry picker!!
      Last edited by AdonisCreed; 12-13-2017, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
        That makes sense then if the trainer stops it. Besides it was one way traffic straight from Lomachenko-ville!! I give Rigo credit for accepting the fight knowing he was up against a hungry young lion. Rigo could have easily rejected to fight Lomachenko at 130 and everybody would have understood his position since he fights at 122 and is 37 years old. But he took a chance moving up two weight classes to fight a younger, stronger, faster guy and lost a one sided fight to a guy most consider one of the best p4p fighters in all of boxing!! And with the criticism Rigo is getting is why some top fighters are scared to take a chance with their career! They feel like if they suffer an embarrassing defeat they won't recover. So some fighters rather make millions fighting nobodies instead as long as they can until the guy they're avoiding becomes mandatory, even then some vacate to keep that money coming in. So either the guy gets criticized for ducking or a guy takes a loss to a champion and is labeled a hype job. It doesn't seem to be any middle ground with "SOME" boxing fans. Promoters know this and that is why the boxing public don't always get the fights we deserve. Fighters scared to lose and promoters scared to lose money while "SOME" fans are quick to label a fighter a hype job or a cherry picker!!
        He only took it for the payday. No way Rigo makes $400k against any fighter at 122 or 126. He's 37 so I don't blame him for taking the money, but let's not start giving credit for "accepting" to come up in weight. That was his only option. I'm 100% sure if he could secure fights at 123 for the same payday, he wouldn't even consider fighting Loma

Comment

Out of curiosity, what do most consider to be the bigger cowardly act...is it when a fighter like rigo quits despite not seemingly having a significant injury against a fighter most expected him to lose against, or is it someone like Santa cruz who jumped over hurdles to avoid a fight with rigo and never stepped in the ring with him to begin with? So in short, which is worse, quitting or ducking?

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
            He only took it for the payday. No way Rigo makes $400k against any fighter at 122 or 126. He's 37 so I don't blame him for taking the money, but let's not start giving credit for "accepting" to come up in weight. That was his only option. I'm 100% sure if he could secure fights at 123 for the same payday, he wouldn't even consider fighting Loma
            Damn is that all he made?? I would of figured he'd make it least a million bucks for this fight.... 🤔🤔

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post

Rigo or his team asked for this fight. It wasn't Loma trying to get Rigo to fight him at 130.

The whole 'fighters are scared of criticism' is such BS. Are you serious man? Fighters don't want to take risk in their career because of some jerk offs on twitter? LMAO that is ridiculous. So they can get in a ring and take punishment for 12rds but god forbid someone writes something bad about them online! How will they ever recover???!? Honestly, any fighter that does this because they are scared that they will be made fun of by fans LOL, deserve it. I'm sorry but that was one of the worst takes I've read on here.

Comment

Then why did he quit?

Comment

Theres no justifying it at all, rigo just quit they asked him if he wanted to continue and he said no. Everyone is so focused on the cowardly act but why dont we start giving loma more credit? 4th fighter in a row he made quit and top level boxers too. You can make all the excuses you want but the truth is Loma is a once in a generation talent and may possibly be the best fighter in history when its all said and done

Comment

This is the same peson who said Donaire was a tougher challenge, and that Nonito is more complicated fighter

Regardless of what happened that night, I still have respect to Rigo

They underrated Lomachenko plus before the fight I've said Lomachenko is more versatile fighter than Rigo and Rigo is a one trick pony but that's a hell of a trick and he's doing it perfectly

Originally posted by Pedro Diaz
                    It is better to try to look for the win than to avoid trying for fear of failure
                    But respect to Diaz for these words
                    Last edited by g27region; 12-14-2017, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                      Rigo just isn't the incredible boxer most people make him out to be. He's 1-dimensional, but is VERY good at getting opponents to fight that dimension.

Great plan by Loma. I posted in the past for Loma to win he had to:

Move laterally and change his height frequently. Get off first and attack at different angles. So long as he can take the power of Rigo he'd win easy. And he never tasted Rigo's power because he simply overwhelmed Rigo and Rigo could never even get started.

Great plan and execution
                      The dude is 37 for crying out loud. This is when most boxers hang them up.

Comment

Working...
                      X