Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Floyd would have been able to take rounds off Hearns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys need to stop. Mayweather is a lie. A bronze medalist, not beaten any elite in their prime, in most eyes didn't win vs Maidana or Castillo. He's just not that good. He'd be a decent fighter who'd be giving guys a hard fight but ultimately lose to guys like Hearns, Leonard, Duran, with a high possibility of being stopped by the lot.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
      lol...hearns was a natural 147 lb. fighter....

so the only way floyd can beat him is to weight drain 'em....lol
      people are matching may with naturally bigger guys with no one really fussing about it

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
        You guys need to stop. Mayweather is a lie. A bronze medalist, not beaten any elite in their prime, in most eyes didn't win vs Maidana or Castillo. He's just not that good. He'd be a decent fighter who'd be giving guys a hard fight but ultimately lose to guys like Hearns, Leonard, Duran, with a high possibility of being stopped by the lot.
        You have no idea what you are looking at, you would starve to death if your only job was a boxing talent scout.

You see the hype like a fan, you cant see the mechanics of boxing, there is much of the science of boxing you just don't see, most of the Floyd haters cant even see some of the things he does in a boxing ring.

That's the trouble with the internet, to be great the modern athlete is now against a world full of ******s given a voice, the world is pretty fckd in regard to mob rule influencing the intellect of the mob on a world scale, today the ******s have the loudest voice lol.

When you strip Floyd back to just pure boxing, the man was tactically brilliant and definitely an ATG .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          You have no idea what you are looking at, you would starve to death if your only job was a boxing talent scout.

You see the hype like a fan, you cant see the mechanics of boxing, there is much of the science of boxing you just don't see, most of the Floyd haters cant even see some of the things he does in a boxing ring.

That's the trouble with the internet, to be great the modern athlete is now against a world full of ******s given a voice, the world is pretty fckd in regard to mob rule influencing the intellect of the mob on a world scale, today the ******s have the loudest voice lol.

When you strip Floyd back to just pure boxing, the man was tactically brilliant and definitely an ATG .
          Not saying he's not great. But he's not up to par here, his record is a facade, and what lets him down in my eyes against these guys is his physical prowess, these guys weren't just as skilled, they were physical monsters.

Money boy just doesn't hit hard enough and can't fight like these guys can fight, or take the punches these guys can take.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
            IMHO opinion everyone from 140-154 gets stopped by hearns except for SRL, Benitez and SRR.
            What about Thurman, Spence, Brook, Crawford, and Porter? These guys have chins and they are not scared to let their hands go.

Comment

Originally Posted by Thraxox View Post

IMHO opinion everyone from 140-154 gets stopped by hearns except for SRL, Benitez and SRR.
              Except you forgot all these no name fighters that went the distance with him-

Luigi Minchillo
              Murray Sutherland
              Ernie Singletary
              Mike Colbert
              Alfonso Hayman
              Doug DeWitt

Hearns was a great great fighter but he wasn't invincible, if he cant hit you then a major part of him is nullified, his number one asset is his power, with his reach and length punching with such power means he is ungainly in his foot work because they always spread a little and some what anchered and guys with great footwork always gave him problems, its how Ray beat him and its how Marvin Koed him.

Floyd can cause Hearns lots of problems because he would be so elusive and he wouldn't ever be in Hearns prime punching range, Floyd would be always right outside or inside because he has the speed and ring IQ to out maneuver him , if Hearns can land with his jab and get the right hand home well you gunna truly find out what Floyds chin is really made off.

Hearns has size and power while Floyd has speed and angles, I personally don't think Floyd could give so much size away to such a great fighter, but Floyd is very hard to hit clean and in the later rounds Hearns gets a little ragged with his punches, Floyd is also a better boxer than Ray he just doesn't have his size and power, its no walk in the park for Hearns and Floyd has the ability to steal a UD, if Floyd was the same size he beats all them guys, I just don't think he can beat them at 147-154, now 135-140 that's a different set of fights and Floyd might beat them all at those weights.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                Except you forgot all these no name fighters that went the distance with him-

Luigi Minchillo
                Murray Sutherland
                Ernie Singletary
                Mike Colbert
                Alfonso Hayman
                Doug DeWitt

Hearns was a great great fighter but he wasn't invincible, if he cant hit you then a major part of him is nullified, his number one asset is his power, with his reach and length punching with such power means he is ungainly in his foot work because they always spread a little and some what anchered and guys with great footwork always gave him problems, its how Ray beat him and its how Marvin Koed him.

Floyd can cause Hearns lots of problems because he would be so elusive and he wouldn't ever be in Hearns prime punching range, Floyd would be always right outside or inside because he has the speed and ring IQ to out maneuver him , if Hearns can land with his jab and get the right hand home well you gunna truly find out what Floyds chin is really made off.

Hearns has size and power while Floyd has speed and angles, I personally don't think Floyd could give so much size away to such a great fighter, but Floyd is very hard to hit clean and in the later rounds Hearns gets a little ragged with his punches, Floyd is also a better boxer than Ray he just doesn't have his size and power, its no walk in the park for Hearns and Floyd has the ability to steal a UD, if Floyd was the same size he beats all them guys, I just don't think he can beat them at 147-154, now 135-140 that's a different set of fights and Floyd might beat them all at those weights.
                If everything was equalall these fights would be 50/50. But let's not forget the Benitez fight. Wilfred is top 3 defensive fighter all time( argubally better defender than Floyd) and even he fell short against Floyd

Comment

A fighters of Floyd or Hearns caliber would have been able to take rounds off anybody
                  Last edited by g27region; 11-21-2017, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                    he had problems with mediocre guys who could pressure like Madanna
                    Maidana was the only guy who was succesful at actually countering Floyd's counter punches, especially his "pull counter" which is one of Floyd signature moves

Comment

I would take Floyd against anyone at Welter and down historically. Doesn't mean that I would be right all of the time but I trust what I see. Through 50 fights I've seen him make adjustments to position himself to win every fight. I suspect that he would do that if he ever fought any of the greats.

No man is invincible, so he could lose but so can they.

I have always felt that Hearns and Forest would be the toughest for him to deal with by from what I've seen, I think he would prevail.

Comment

Working...
                      X