Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hoq do you think Brian Carlos Castano would do against Lara?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    I would much rather see Lara fight Hurd or Jermell as he promised to do next. Lara has become a cherry picking bum beater since he lost to Canelo. Boxrec ranks every pro boxer in the weight class.Lara KOed Rodriguez ranked 89th and Yuri Foreman ranked 92nd and just fought Gausha ranked 28th. Castano has only had 14 pro fights and only the WBA ranks him. He isn't even in the top 15 by the WBC, WBO or IBF. He will just be another easy and boring ud win for Lara just like Lara likes it. The WBA having 3 champions in one weight class is insanely stupid. If the IBF, WBC and WBO did the same we could potentially have 12 world champions in each weight class.
    He is not ranked by them because he has a title.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
      André Ward was completely in another level than this guy... He is not 50% of what Andre was.
      He is not saying that he is as good or better than Ward, he is saying that being dropped by a low caliber fighter while you are young is not an uncommon thing.

Comment

We
        Originally posted by yngwie View Post
        He is not saying that he is as good or better than Ward, he is saying that being dropped by a low caliber fighter while you are young is not an uncommon thing.
        He is not young,he has like 28 years. He doesn't have good chin. And he was schooled by Oscar Molina in the pre olympics.

He is good but not that good to beat Lara.

I'm totally sure that his manager don't want to put him in the ring with Lara.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
          André Ward was completely in another level than this guy... He is not 50% of what Andre was.
          That is not the point, the point is being knocked down while you're coming up as a fighter really don't mean anything especially when they would on to win the fight after being knocked down

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            Seems to have a good amatuer pedigree. He had wins over Spence and Derevyanchenko in the ams. He's coming off a good win over Soro. It would be better than Foreman and Guasha at least.
            Deff better than Foreman and even Guasha.But why did WBA not order Lara to fight Andrade.I wanted to see DM fight all the best at 154.I hate wen I guy has to move out of div he still makes because of alph bit boys or because of tv deals.As an am he was the best at his time he beat EVERBODY in ams.Except olym and that was a debatable dec.He won Worlds, Pan am(lost in finale by one point with kid from brazil who was from rio!)And he cleaned out American comp.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
              Brian Carlos Castano BEATS LARA! Been posting this for the last few months. It would look just like the Carlos Molina and even the Angulo fight before Lara damaged Angulo Eye. Brian would bring relentless Pressure but the difference is that he hits harder than Molina and is much quicker and more athletic than Angulo and BOTH of those guys gave Lara HELL.

Beating a underrated Soro in France was very impressive, I think he is more than ready to take that next step at 154. Didn't like that they just elevated him to Champion since Andrade moved up, could've threw him in with Kanat Islam to fight for it.

If Lara can't get a Unification bout with Charlo or Hurd then I hope WBA orders that and lets find out! Then again maybe I'm too Hardcore I don't expect most fans to know of Brian Carlos Castano so of course they wouldn't want that fight and that is fine

I hope he does and we don't have to see lara again, but don't mention molina and relentless pressure in the same paragraph, that was one of the worst fights i've seen in my life, there were rounds in which no one connected a punch.

Comment

Originally posted by otrocubiche View Post
                I hope he does and we don't have to see lara again, but don't mention molina and relentless pressure in the same paragraph, that was one of the worst fights i've seen in my life, there were rounds in which no one connected a punch.
                I don't mind Lara at all he is not most exciting guy I know but he don't RUN.He just needs to let hands go more(really cost him with canelo even if I did have him winning by a point I think)But to me as long as its not negative fightin(H fury vs Parker,Dirrell v Froch).I think its up to fighter losing to DO more.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  He'd give a good account of himself, I think he's a promising guy, but I think its too early for that caliber of fight. He had a close fight with Soro iirc last time out & Lara is a damn sight better than Soro.

But I like the way BCC is moving & I don't think he should be rushed THAT soon into a fight with a guy like Lara. I mean at least not for another 12-18mos I think. Fight some more experienced guys. Let Lara get a lil older. Fight one of the other title holders. Hurd seems ripe for the taking to me & I've suggesting BCC vs Hurd in other threads as they are both young promising guys. So that wouldn't be a bad option for a big fight within the next 6-12 months.
                  i agree but at the same time, he is 28 right now, how much more can he wait? maybe the end of next year will be the time.

Comment

mexican puppet hating argentine fighters as usual

strange not seeing you in the matthysse thread

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      Brian Carlos Castano BEATS LARA! Been posting this for the last few months. It would look just like the Carlos Molina and even the Angulo fight before Lara damaged Angulo Eye. Brian would bring relentless Pressure but the difference is that he hits harder than Molina and is much quicker and more athletic than Angulo and BOTH of those guys gave Lara HELL.

Beating a underrated Soro in France was very impressive, I think he is more than ready to take that next step at 154. Didn't like that they just elevated him to Champion since Andrade moved up, could've threw him in with Kanat Islam to fight for it.

If Lara can't get a Unification bout with Charlo or Hurd then I hope WBA orders that and lets find out! Then again maybe I'm too Hardcore I don't expect most fans to know of Brian Carlos Castano so of course they wouldn't want that fight and that is fine
                      with all do respect, they gave Lara nothing. molina hugged his way to a draw and perro hit him twice on the chin. may I remind you the size of the ring and the verbal re-hydration clause, only for Lara in his angulo fight? And he make him quit.

Comment

Working...
                      X