• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is pretty scary.

Comment

Fućk SmallFlaccid!

I’m an Apple Mac 💻 and iOS user.

Comment

Wasn't always that way. I remember back when I was a whiper snapper in '05 when online counsel gaming was just becoming big, you could say and do w/e the **** you wanted to.

Never even got a temporary ban, and I acted like an idiot online and sent a lot of annoying messages to people and pissed people off I'm sure.

As recent as maybe 2 or 3 years ago on Xbox One, I send a few people some spam type messages. Something along the lines of "C0ck in my ass," "I want Ariana Grande to take my virginity." Stuff like that.

Next thing you know, BOOM! Temporary ban from sending messages. Because I'm dumb as **** I did the exact same thing once the ban was lifted, and I got another ban. Yeah I gotta watch myself now.

Does everyone really get this uptight about **** like this now?

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
          CBS Local — Microsoft is cracking down on what people say while using their services online. According to a new services agreement written by the company, the tech giant is planning to ban accounts that use “offensive language” and will go through your private data to “investigate” users.

In a March 1 release, Microsoft is warning customers using Office, Xbox, Skype, and other products that the company is prohibiting offensive language and inappropriate content starting on May 1. “Don’t publicly display or use the Services to share inappropriate content or material (involving, for example, nudity, bestiality, ****ography, offensive language, graphic violence, or criminal activity),” Microsoft warns in a portion of their new codes of conduct.

Microsoft also added that the company plans on “investigating” users who are accused of violating the new policy and will block content from being sent to other people. “When investigating alleged violations of these Terms, Microsoft reserves the right to review Your Content in order to resolve the issue,” the new policy states.

Internet privacy and civil rights advocates are already speaking out against the Microsoft service agreement; calling the upcoming policy an attack on free speech. “Offensive language is fairly vague. Offensive to whom? What my granny might find offensive and what I might find offensive could be vastly different,” Ms. Smith of CSO Online wrote.

Civil rights activist and law student Jonathan Corbett added that Microsoft’s May 1 agreement is just an excuse to police people’s behavior, even in private. “I can’t use Skype to have an adult video call with my girlfriend? I can’t use OneDrive to back up a document that says ‘f–k’ in it? If I call someone a mean name in Xbox Live, not only will they cancel my account, but also confiscate any funds I’ve deposited in my account?” Corbett questions in a blog post.

Digital rights group Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) argues that Microsoft’s hard-line policy stems from Congress passing two new sex trafficking bills. The Fight Online Sex Trafficking Act (FOSTA) and the Stop Enabling Sex-Trafficking Act (SESTA) holds platforms responsible for users’ speech, illegally shared content, and anything connected to sex trafficking.

EFF claims SESTA/FOSTA “silences online speech by forcing Internet platforms to censor their users.” The Department of Justice has also warned that the bills raise “serious constitutional concern.”
          http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/03/27/m...ffice-account/
          1984 Orwell in effect.. Sheeple wake up.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
            Wasn't always that way. I remember back when I was a whiper snapper in '05 when online counsel gaming was just becoming big, you could say and do w/e the **** you wanted to.

Never even got a temporary ban, and I acted like an idiot online and sent a lot of annoying messages to people and pissed people off I'm sure.

As recent as maybe 2 or 3 years ago on Xbox One, I send a few people some spam type messages. Something along the lines of "C0ck in my ass," "I want Ariana Grande to take my virginity." Stuff like that.

Next thing you know, BOOM! Temporary ban from sending messages. Because I'm dumb as **** I did the exact same thing once the ban was lifted, and I got another ban. Yeah I gotta watch myself now.

Does everyone really get this uptight about **** like this now?
            How young are you homie???

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              That is pretty scary.
              Scary is after you've been revived after Mexican cops **** you up.

Or as you open a bill you know you can't pay...

Or when you get the bull head clap in Manila..

Choose your hoes carefully......

Comment

Fxck that shlt

I got whatsapp anyways

Comment

People ask what's going on in the US but you need to remember barely anyone at Microsoft is even American anymore. You've handed your megacorporations over to a work environment of people from completely foreign "developing" cultures where there has never been a concept such as free speech.

Comment

fucking trump ruining the country, dumb hill billies who voted for em cant afford internet so they dont care.

Comment

This article sounds like a misinterpretation of what Microsoft has written on the matter. But I'll look more into it.

Comment

Working...
                      X