Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever seen Pacquiao, Floyd, Oscar etc etc telegraph their punches at higher

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever seen Pacquiao, Floyd, Oscar etc etc telegraph their punches at higher

Fights? Seeing as Thurman, and Spence, Crawford be seen as the next stars after them I can't help but feeling how telegraph their punches are especially Thurman at THAT high of a level.

I think Crawford has gotten very good at hiding his powerful hand and he's become very sharp with his lead hand, he has a tremendous hook and a left hand that nobody sees coming, that's how he dropped and hurt a good defensive fighter like Postol numerous times. I agree he wasn't always like this, but I think he's come a long way since the Gamboa fight and he's a much more polished and mature fighter than when he fought Gamboa.

I agree on Thurman though, he still telegraphs his punches a lot and sometimes looks like a crude brawler, however when he's focused and playing the counterpuncher role he's pretty sharp and he sets traps well, but when he's coming forward he's way too front-foot heavy and he doesn't know how to hide the right hand so well.

Spence is mainly an inside fighter, he doesn't throw too many long punches from the outside, his best work is with short crisp punches on the inside, he got caught a couple of times against Brook trying to close the distance but I think that's because of the lack of head movement and not because he telegraphs his punches, he tries to use angles instead but he needs to do more of it at that level, I think other than not moving his head and not using angles enough he's also not so comfortable fighting going backwards, that's something he's gonna have to improve at that level, he won't be able to back up all his opponents into the ropes and chop them down like a tree, he's gonna have to deal with big power punchers coming at him at one point and he better be ready.
    Last edited by Dip_Slide; 11-01-2017, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
      I think Crawford has gotten very good at hiding his powerful hand and he's become very sharp with his lead hand, he has a tremendous hook and a left hand that nobody sees coming, that's how he dropped and hurt a good defensive fighter like Postol numerous times. I agree he wasn't always like this, but I think he's come a long way since the Gamboa fight and he's a much more polished and mature fighter than when he fought Gamboa.

I agree on Thurman though, he still telegraphs his punches a lot and sometimes looks like a crude brawler, however when he's focused and playing the counterpuncher role he's pretty sharp and he sets traps well, but when he's coming forward he's way too front-foot heavy and he doesn't know how to hide the right hand so well.

Spence is mainly an inside fighter, he doesn't throw too many long punches from the outside, his best work is with short crisp punches on the inside, he got caught a couple of times against Brook trying to close the distance but I think that's because of the lack of head movement and not because he telegraphs his punches, he tries to use angles instead but he needs to do more of it at that level, I think other than not moving his head and not using angles enough he's also not so comfortable fighting going backwards, that's something he's gonna have to improve at that level, he won't be able to back up all his opponents into the ropes and chop them down like a tree, he's gonna have to deal with big power punchers coming at him at one point and he better be ready.
      Though Spence telegraphs his Jab to the body alot, which I saw in the Brook fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post

Thurman loaded up so much in the Garcia and Porter fights that you can see it from a mile away when he would throw the big right. I was actually surprised how they were not able to counter.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
          Thurman loaded up so much in the Garcia and Porter fights that you can see it from a mile away when he would throw the big right. I was actually surprised how they were not able to counter.
          Absolutely, Thurman moved a lot against Garcia though to avoid that counter left hook, Garcia is a very good counter puncher and if you box him and not throw too many punches at him, you can beat him, Thurman's movement confused Garcia and he couldn't set to throw the counter left hook because Thurman was potshotting, that has always been Garcia's weakness, he needs too much time to set.

Porter has never been a counter puncher, he's always worried about what he's doing and not what the opponent is doing, never saw him counter punch anybody good before. All of these cats have major weaknesses which is why none of them flies too high above the rest, maybe Crawford is that guy, but he has to show me what he can do at 147.

Comment

TC looked exceptional last time out and can throw punches the way they should be thrown.

Thurman either runs and doesnt throw anything or telegraphs his shots and for some reason, punches with the inside of his gloves. Spence has had only one fight at the highest level and at times looked to be outboxed but his power told, which is the only thing that really impresses me about him.

TC beats both.

Comment

Boxers today are watered down from 20 years a go. Sometimes I watch and think where is the fluidity.

Comment

you can time thurmans punches with a calendar!

Comment

I recently watched Keith Thurman versus Danny Garcia. All I can say is thank God they are fighting in this era and not when Hearns, Duran and Leonard were around. They are a level below those guys.

Comment

I haven't noticed Spence or Crawford telegraphing punches but I'll watch for it closely next time I watch them fight. I have seen Thurman telegraph a punch but he still wins all his fights so far.

Comment

Working...
                    X