Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOPKINS and GGG Are TIED With 6 WBA Super World Defenses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A draw is still a successful title defense. Count them any way you want. It's pretty confusing. I don't think Hopkins was the undisputed champ and until he beat Trinidad and GGG still doesn't have the 4th belt so he isn't undisputed either. With all the BS from the alphabet groups it's almost impossible to be undisputed today. Of the 18 weight classes you only have the mighty Crawford as the holder of all 4 belts. How long will he remain the undisputed 140 champion? Not very long is my guess.

Comment

Low life keeps talking about GGG I see.

Comment

Bhop is a legendary middleweight.... will GGG be? We shall see.

Comment

a draw is a defence ...the champion keeps his titles so he has defended his titles...not tryin to be funny but its kinda obvious

and if duane ford scored last round of first taylor-hopkins fight correctly and for hopkins rather than taylor that fight would have been a draw and it would have been counted as a defence also

Comment

Hopkins has 6 defenses of the LINEAL title. Bumlovkin has 0.

6 > 0

Hopkins >>> Bumlovkin

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
              Hopkins has 6 defenses of the LINEAL title. Bumlovkin has 0.

6 > 0

Hopkins >>> Bumlovkin
              I don't get the loop hole here. If they count Regular WBAs as a defensive streak for World Champion status then what did Sturm or Geale represent with their "World" belts?

Comment

Working...
              X