No announcement yet.

was Riddick Bowe the best ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• was Riddick Bowe the best ever

Was Riddick Bowe the best skilled Big Man ever?...Bowe was 6'5'' & 235lbs with incredible boxing abilities. Powerful fast-jab, great in-fighter, tremendous body puncher, two-fisted fighter with excellent agility of foot..

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
    Was Riddick Bowe the best skilled Big Man ever?...Bowe was 6'5'' & 235lbs with incredible boxing abilities. Powerful fast-jab, great in-fighter, tremendous body puncher, two-fisted fighter with excellent agility of foot..
    He should have fought LL other than their fight as youngsters in the AMs. That would have been a better yardstick for best large heavyweight.

One thing that bothers me watching RB fights was the way he gave away that height each time he fought Holyfield, fighting the inside game and getting rocked in the process. If you watch them even the commentary are stunned by RBs game plan. Even though Holyfield was boring in, a guy as strong as RB could tie him up, push him away and stay outside i.e Foreman v Frasier.

Lewis v EH 1 for me showed a far better outside fighter in LL, even though EH looked either discouraged or past it. Showed a top 10 robbery too.

As for RB post EH (i.e. his Andrew Golota era), he was punchy as hell and past it after wasting a career laying on Holyfield, slugging away and getting that head rocked non stop. Sure it's entertaining, but it isn't the sweet science.

He seems more akin to VK than superior big fighters Lennox or WK. RB fought competition far greater than VK (and WK for that matter), but RB and VK seem fairly level in durability and mobility with a slight edge to RB in skills and power.

Comment

Originally posted by classicbuzzbox View Post
      He should have fought LL other than their fight as youngsters in the AMs. That would have been a better yardstick for best large heavyweight.

One thing that bothers me watching RB fights was the way he gave away that height each time he fought Holyfield, fighting the inside game and getting rocked in the process. If you watch them even the commentary are stunned by RBs game plan. Even though Holyfield was boring in, a guy as strong as RB could tie him up, push him away and stay outside i.e Foreman v Frasier.

Lewis v EH 1 for me showed a far better outside fighter in LL, even though EH looked either discouraged or past it. Showed a top 10 robbery too.

As for RB post EH (i.e. his Andrew Golota era), he was punchy as hell and past it after wasting a career laying on Holyfield, slugging away and getting that head rocked non stop. Sure it's entertaining, but it isn't the sweet science.

He seems more akin to VK than superior big fighters Lennox or WK. RB fought competition far greater than VK (and WK for that matter), but RB and VK seem fairly level in durability and mobility with a slight edge to RB in skills and power.
      Great post.

Comment

He had all the physical talent to be the best ever!!! But like many, many physically gifted athletes, they don't develop other aspects of the sweet science. In my opinion, once he won his titles, big daddy was alright to cha Ching his was to a few good pay days, but not enough for glory!!

Just my opinion.

Comment

Bowe was such a big pvssy. LL's favorite B1tch

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
            Riddick - Cu - Lous

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
              Riddick - Cu - Lous
              Hee hee, I couldn't resist saying that, He sure was very good I will grant you that.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                Bowe was such a big pvssy. LL's favorite B1tch
                Maybe that is why Lewis priced himself out of a fight in 92 and turned down $10 million in 95...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0eins2DhSo

Comment

Ibeabuchi is up there in terms of skilled big men, often gets over rated (as does Bowe) because of how he left the sport when he was at the peak of his career, but, he beat some good opposition in great fashion, shown he had decent ring I.Q, amazing stamina, could hit with both hands, great on the inside, just overall very skilled.

Not sayin he was more skilled then Bowe but he's a name that could be put in, as with the obvious Lewis and Vitali.

Comment

From what I have seen of Joe Jeanette, he had some serious skills.

Comment

Working...
                    X