Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dirrells Rep Restored: "Threw Himself On The Floor" vs Froch? Faked Abraham Injury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirrells Rep Restored: "Threw Himself On The Floor" vs Froch? Faked Abraham Injury?

Some people claimed that Dirrell threw himself on the floor in the Froch fight in a bid to get points deducted or to waste time. As a result of this fight and the perceived "antics" of Dirrell he gained the reputation of being an "actor" in the ring.

Froch was covering tonight's Degale vs Dirrell fight with Sky Sports and when analyzing Dirrell he said "you have to rough Dirrell up and make it uneasy for him. I threw him on the floor in our fight (to rough him up)."

So the once misunderstood Dirrell seems to be a different personality to the one some had originally imagined. After Froch's admission of throwing Dirrell to the floor and the heart Dirrell showed in his multiple-knockdown defeat to Degale, it's highly likely that his injury in the Abraham fight was completely genuine too.

Looks like Dirrell's reputation is well and truly restored.
    Yes
    37.50%
    No
    50.00%
    Other
    12.50%

There's nothing misunderstood about the Dirrell brothers.

Comment

I guess Floyd will be get proper respect if he gets beat up and takes a L right?...funny how dudes get respect when they come up short aaround here...smh....Abraham hit him while he was down but Dirrell's rep was on trial?!?....you dudes some funny style mutha****as

Comment

Dirrell is a phag and I'm glad he lost tonight. Guys like that shouldn't be boxers.

Comment

Dirrell showed heart by coming back and making a fight of it after getting knocked down. He deserves respect for that but of course the usual suspects won't give him any credit for it.

Comment

The Dirrell-Abraham fight is one of the most misread events in this era of boxing. Its seemingly obvious something legit happened there, but if it was a legit brain injury, a panic attack or some combo of those things or something else entirely besides the standard line that he was acting I have zero doubts.
            Last edited by Eff Pandas; 05-23-2015, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Dirrell looked sharp tonight, and his powers of recovery were also good. I was really impressed with him. I think he'll beat most guys at 168, exceptional speed, good reflexes, good power, he is a handful.

Comment

I thought he was flopping after the KD. The commentators were saying he had no legs, but I think he was just flopping.

With that said I have nothing against Dirrell, he tries.

Comment

He fought hard today. He knew he was down so he started walking him down and throwing combos. Put a string of 4 straight rounds together before falling flat before the last 2.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                    Dirrell is a phag and I'm glad he lost tonight. Guys like that shouldn't be boxers.

He got dropped hard twice early on and was almost out on his feet, had blood streaming down his face, and still managed to fight back and make it close. That takes heart and determination that should be respected and honored. You're usually on point here with your posts, but you're out of line here, Blanco.

Comment

Working...
                    X