Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there another cold war in UK promoting?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    It's not long ago that Frank Warren had one of his fighters fight on Sky.

Of course it's been in the making, but both have been denying it saying it was possible to work together. Now it seems out of the question.
    Who?

It's been going on for at least a few years no matter what they publicly say.

Comment

SkySports sucks.

Boxnation is the best Boxing channel period.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Who?

It's been going on for at least a few years no matter what they publicly say.
        It was either Paul or Stephen Smith if I remember correctly.

Yeah, but at least there's been offers going back and forth as in Quigg/Frampton and Cleverly/Froch.

Comment

It was either Paul or Stephen Smith if I remember correctly.

Yeah, but at least there's been offers going back and forth as in Quigg/Frampton and Cleverly/Froch.
          That was a purse bid situation. Same as John Ryder-BJ Saunders.

Yeah offers like Mayweather's $40m flat fee. As in not very realistic and mostly done for publicity.

Comment

I think Sky's set-up and build-up is the best by far. They also have the much better stable of fighters. I'm kind of tired of listening to Jim Rosenthal and Steve Bunce tell us how great their fighters are.
            Spot on, plus Sky's Ringside provides a much more balanced view of boxing, rather than that idiot Bunce, chattin **** all night long. Right lil ****!

Having said that, it's not really a major cold war, just small murmurings but the two promoters, along with some others in England have worked together previously, in the not so distant past. So I won't worry too much.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              Spot on, plus Sky's Ringside provides a much more balanced view of boxing, rather than that idiot Bunce, chattin **** all night long. Right lil ****!

Having said that, it's not really a major cold war, just small murmurings but the two promoters, along with some others in England have worked together previously, in the not so distant past. So I won't worry too much.
              Buncey needs some TRT he's def low in testosterone with that squeaky voice.

Comment

Working...
              X