Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruslan Chagaev is shot, so David Haye will fight him now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has a valid excuse since it's mandatory. However, Haye should be heading for the unification bout which allows him to avoid facing Ruslan. Haye only holds a paper title, what is the point of defending it? Everyone knows the real fight is with Klitschko, no one else is worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by jonesy View Post
      They obviously didn't, they just love to jump on the cherry picking bandwagon.
      lol I wasn't trying to be funny actually! Was genuinely curious.

I thought Boente definitely came out the better asking for 50/50 right down the board. Booth sounds like he wants the fight though; maybe he is really just out for the money. But there's no point in Booth saying the Klitschkos don't want the fight, because they and their manager clearly do.

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
        Did you watch the Booth Vs Boente video from Sky Ringside?
        Yes.

Booth said Haye doesn't want to fight Vitali, who's been calling him out since the Audley fight, because he wants to fight Wlad.

But last June when Wlad was calling him out, Haye said he would prefer to fight Vitali because he wanted the WBC belt!

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
          Yes.

Booth said Haye doesn't want to fight Vitali, who's been calling him out since the Audley fight, because he wants to fight Wlad.

But last June when Wlad was calling him out, Haye said he would prefer to fight Vitali because he wanted the WBC belt!

I forgot about that part. Boente was saying Vitali was ready for him, but Booth was saying no we'll chat after Wladimir fights.

In fairness, Wladimir is the true HW champion of the world, so if that's their reason fair enough. But aslong as they pick him and stick to him and get the fight made. No more leap-frogging.

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
            I forgot about that part. Boente was saying Vitali was ready for him, but Booth was saying no we'll chat after Wladimir fights.

In fairness, Wladimir is the true HW champion of the world, so if that's their reason fair enough. But aslong as they pick him and stick to him and get the fight made. No more leap-frogging.
            When Wlad is free and Vitali is obligated to fight either Austin or Solis, Haye and Booth will go back to saying they prefer to fight Vitali.

Comment

like i said, theyll keep pulling that "challenge whichever brother already has a fight signed" thing until vitali is about to hit 41 years old, then theyll fight him

Comment

It's almost 2 vs 1 though if u know what i mean. There's 3 guys's with belts. 2 refuse to fight eachother (the bro's). The Klits are insisting on a re-match clause with the other brother if one of them lose against Haye which is kind of bullshit.
                They all have fights lined up anyway and haye has an option with saulerland to commit to. If all 3 win their fights, then and only then will negotiations start for a wlad/vitali vs Haye fight.

I don't think it's unfair for the Haye camp to want to unify the titles in one fight though.

Comment

Tunney in Klitschko protection mode, Chagaev is probably Wlad's best win. Walker also caused Arreola problems which is one of Vitali's best wins. It just proves how **** the division is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
                    Tunney in Klitschko protection mode, Chagaev is probably Wlad's best win. Walker also caused Arreola problems which is one of Vitali's best wins. It just proves how **** the division is.
                    If the division is really that bad, why will Haye not fight anyone younger than their late 30s?

Why would a boxer need to cherry-pick in a weak division?

Comment

I don't think Chagaev is entirely shot. He looked completely out of shape at the weigh-in.

After the loss to Wlad and the Hep B it just doesnt look like he doesn't have the drive to step into the ring in world class shape. He still has the speed and the chin.

If he gets the shot at Haye, I think he'll do really well and may pull an upset IF he steps up his training and gets healthy. The Chagaev that fought today would indeed get TKOd by Haye however.

Comment

Working...
                      X