No announcement yet.

Ruslan Chagaev is shot, so David Haye will fight him now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruslan Chagaev is shot, so David Haye will fight him now

No doubt David Haye and Adam Booth saw the Ruslan Chagaev-Travis Walker fight today.

They need to make a decision on Haye's next opponent. There were reports soon after the Harrison-Haye fight that Haye does not want to fight Ruslan.

But what happened today no doubt changed his mind.

Travis Walker is a journeyman who's been stopped in round one by Manuel Quezada and KOed by Jonathan Banks. Travis is on about the same level (or actually not quite as good) as Zakeem Graham was when Ruslan stopped him in three rounds on American TV back in 2003.

But ever since his bout with Hep B in 2007, Ruslan has been on the decline. He still has a great chin, but he seems to lack the quickness and stamina he had before the illness. And the long periods of inactivity - like the entire year without a fight after his bout with Wladimir Klitschko - haven't helped him either.

He doesn't seem to have the same snap on his punches that he had a few years ago, and doesn't seem to have the stamina he showed despite all of John Ruiz's holding and leaning in that fight a few years ago.

David Haye only fights old or weak heavyweight opponents. I think Ruslan Chagaev has now declined enough for Haye to have the courage to face him.

So we'll likely see Haye vs. Chagaev in the spring of 2011.

i think chagaev is the mandatory challenger to hayes belt

if thats true then we cant beat on him for that

Comment

Originally posted by project xxx1 View Post

But Haye and Sauerland have been *****ing about Chagaev having Hep B (he actually doesn't, he just has the Hep B antigen).

They won't consider it important now, wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by project xxx1 View Post

I'm pretty sure he is. But we can still piss on Haye for not fighting Wlad, or Vitali for that matter. Maybe he needed to look good in a defense of his belt after winning it in dull fashion against Valuev. Still would have preferred a Haye-Wlad fight, but grant him Ruiz. I did give hugman a slight chance. But Haye's leeway has expired. Any fight he takes other than a Klitschko will look awful on him. Both brothers are prioritizing him over anything else. Particularly in Wlad's case, screw the WBA. Vacate to chase the true crown. Haye lacks the balls. I hope all UK fans shun him for being a such a little fanny.

Comment

Did you watch the Booth Vs Boente video from Sky Ringside?

Comment

Haye will take this fight cause Chagaev's style suits him down to the ground, plus he has credentials, albeit a tailor made style.

I cant wait till VK lays him out.

Comment

damnit chagaev why did you have to fucck sleazy hos, you had potential

Comment

Originally posted by Clyde Barrow View Post
                I'm pretty sure he is. But we can still piss on Haye for not fighting Wlad, or Vitali for that matter. Maybe he needed to look good in a defense of his belt after winning it in dull fashion against Valuev. Still would have preferred a Haye-Wlad fight, but grant him Ruiz. I did give hugman a slight chance. But Haye's leeway has expired. Any fight he takes other than a Klitschko will look awful on him. Both brothers are prioritizing him over anything else. Particularly in Wlad's case, screw the WBA. Vacate to chase the true crown. Haye lacks the balls. I hope all UK fans shun him for being a such a little fanny.
                He doesn't need to vacate.

The WBA will let him postpone his mandatory to fight Vitali in a unification. They'll have Ruslan fight someone (perhaps the winner of Ibragimov-Mormeck) for an interim title.

But now Haye says he doesn't want to fight Vitali, he says he wants to fight Wlad. But while Vitali has enough time to receive permission from the WBC to postpone his own mandatory and fight Haye in a unification, Wladimir is now contractually bound to fight Derek Chisora on Dec 11.

By Dec 11, the WBA will have likely ordered Haye-Chagaev to a purse bid so it will be too late to get permission for a unification fight with Wladimir.

So he'll duck the K bros once again, and fight Ruslan Chagaev.

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
                  Did you watch the Booth Vs Boente video from Sky Ringside?
                  They obviously didn't, they just love to jump on the cherry picking bandwagon.

Comment

Originally posted by Clyde Barrow View Post
                    wont argue with this post mate,i agree with you,didnt buy hayes ppv fight and i wouldnt buy one till he fights one of the klit brothers

i really hope they go public with the contract negotiation,just to see if haye really is that big coward

Comment

Working...
                    X