No announcement yet.

Should Chael Sonnen get a rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WAR FERGIE View Post
    Without a doubt he beat the **** out of him for 4.5 rounds and then got careless.. he wins the rematch
    No, believe it or not, taking someone down, throwing a ton of shots, and keeping them there for the better part of 4.5 rounds takes something out of you. So you can't react the same way you want and you also can't take shots the same way either.

Silva caught him with 2 good shots (that Sonnen didn't react well to) before locking in that choke.

Comment

Of course but the problem is that UFC wants Vitor vs Silva... They have been waiting for this since he beat Franklin in sept

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
        No, believe it or not, taking someone down, throwing a ton of shots, and keeping them there for the better part of 4.5 rounds takes something out of you. So you can't react the same way you want and you also can't take shots the same way either.

Silva caught him with 2 good shots (that Sonnen didn't react well to) before locking in that choke.
        Was this off the ground?. Had me thinking "damn silvas clocking him harder off his back... knockout would be funny" then boom! triangle.. tap.

Comment

Originally posted by crazy vic View Post
          Was this off the ground?. Had me thinking "damn silvas clocking him harder off his back... knockout would be funny" then boom! triangle.. tap.
          Yep, Silva caught him with a long right hand first then Sonnen started languishing on top. Then some seconds later, he landed another shot (can't remember if it was another right hand or elbow) and locked in the choke right after.

Is it me or do people just feel more comfortable saying..."so and so got careless" or "so and so got lucky"?

Instead of giving someone credit for setting it up. That, to me, is a cop out to defend their fighter's loss or just not having enough knowledge about what happens during a fight.

Comment

Off that perfomance of course he does..
            Will he get it though hell no

Comment

yes..........

Comment

No. Silva will win again in more convicing fashion next time round.

Comment

Whoever thinks Sonnen shouldn't get a rematch on that performance is crazy and probably afraid he may finish the job the second time around.

When everyone thought Shogun beat Machida they were demanding a rematch and this was a much more dominating performance.

Silva vs Belfort is a one sided beat down by Silva. The fight wouldn't last 2 mins.

Comment

Dana should set up a fight between Belfort and Sonnen in the next couple of months and the winner can fight Anderson when he recovers from his injury. Sonnen had his shot. Vitor said he doesnt want to wait around. So it would be a good fight to determine who deserves a title shot.

Comment

Originally posted by mic573 View Post
                      Whoever thinks Sonnen shouldn't get a rematch on that performance is crazy and probably afraid he may finish the job the second time around.

When everyone thought Shogun beat Machida they were demanding a rematch and this was a much more dominating performance.

Silva vs Belfort is a one sided beat down by Silva. The fight wouldn't last 2 mins.
                      The difference between the Shogun-Machida fight and this one is that Silva had a clear victory. People claimed (and I agree) that Shogun was robbed.

And I do want to see a rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X