Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me identify these gloves for my boyfriend's birthday. PLEASE!! *picture

Hi -

My boyfriend's birthday is coming up and he trains in a boxing gym a couple of times a week and I think he needs some new gloves. I saw these white ones that look similar to what he wears but I can't tell what brand they are or where to buy them. Can any of you help me? Thank you!!

+ Amy

Update: this website won't let me post a picture as a new member. If you google image: ryan gosling boxing, you will see him wearing them. They are white and say PBS on the wrist part, but I didn't find any PBS boxing when I googled. I appreciate anyone's help that can assist in finding brand and weight.

Comment

• http://www.proboxingequip.com/boxing_gloves-c-1.html

Hi Amy! I googled "Ryan Gosling boxing", and I the gloves are PRO brand. . . There is the link to their gloves. . .

If he's been training in boxing for a while, he should have at least two sets of gloves: one for sparring, and one for working the bags with. Do you know what he uses his PRO gloves for?

How much does he weigh? That will also determine what size (oz.) gloves you should get him.

Comment

• I've been using these for about 6-7 years now and I absolutely swear by them for bag gloves.. I've even used them for sparring as well, although a separate pair, they have unequivocally saved my hands.

Comment

• http://www.proboxingequip.com/leathe...html?pcat_id=3

Those are the ones it looks like Ryan Gosling has. . . Those are general training gloves. . . Good for sparring. . he could use them for bag work as well, but it's recommended you have a different pair for that. .

If he's 150ish or under you should get him the 12 oz. ( up to 175) get him 14 oz. 175 and over get him 16 oz.

Comment

• Originally posted by UglyPug View Post

Hi Amy! I googled "Ryan Gosling boxing", and I the gloves are PRO brand. . . There is the link to their gloves. . .

If he's been training in boxing for a while, he should have at least two sets of gloves: one for sparring, and one for working the bags with. Do you know what he uses his PRO gloves for?

How much does he weigh? That will also determine what size (oz.) gloves you should get him.
            THANK YOU!! He is 6' 1" and he usually weighs just under 170 lbs. Am I reading that glove wrong? It looks like it says PBS, no? He isn't a huge boxer, but he's been doing it for a few years and really likes doing it to stay in shape. Not to sound dumb, but do the colors mean anything or is that all preference? I love the white!!

Comment

• Originally posted by UglyPug View Post

Those are the ones it looks like Ryan Gosling has. . . Those are general training gloves. . . Good for sparring. . he could use them for bag work as well, but it's recommended you have a different pair for that. .

If he's 150ish or under you should get him the 12 oz. ( up to 175) get him 14 oz. 175 and over get him 16 oz.
              So buy him two pairs of the same glove or a different type all together for those different exercises you're talking about?

Comment

• Originally posted by darkom View Post
                THANK YOU!! He is 6' 1" and he usually weighs just under 170 lbs. Am I reading that glove wrong? It looks like it says PBS, no? He isn't a huge boxer, but he's been doing it for a few years and really likes doing it to stay in shape. Not to sound dumb, but do the colors mean anything or is that all preference? I love the white!!
                Yes, you are right, it says "PBS" as part of their logo. . . I'm not quite sure what it stands for, though? They are really good gloves from what I have heard.

The colors are just preference.

I like the white too!

Comment

• Originally posted by darkom View Post
                  So buy him two pairs of the same glove or a different type all together for those different exercises you're talking about?

Do you know if he has two different pair of gloves now? Do you know if he spars (actually boxes other people), or does he just work on the bags (heavy bag, etc.)? If you're not sure, just kinda be slick and bring it up when talking to him.

I would just get him one pair; the PRO (pbs) training glove. If he's 6'1'' 170ish that is basically identical to my size, and I use 14 oz. gloves.

Comment

• the PBS stands for "pro boxing supplies"

if you check out the logo on their website on the upper left you can tell. their actual site is proboxingsupplies.com

lately if you watch 24/7 theres gyms that use their heavy bags. freddie roaches gym, mayweathers gym, victor ortiz as well i believe, and brandon rios etc. you always find some of the PRO heavy bags there. seems like theyre good quality + low price

Comment

• Here's a picture

Last edited by Pony Boy; 03-26-2012, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X