Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Barrera 'Bitter' About Shabranskyy Getting Title Shot Before Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
    You are aware that Barrera was offered to fight Kovalev, and he refused, twice... I hope you knew that before typing your BS...
    Barrera has never been proposed to fight Kovalev for the title.
    And he explained why he had rejected those two offers:
    a) not a title fight;
    b) not enough money for him.

Any boxer has full right either to fight or not to fight some other boxer.
    But if it's a title fight, the organization should interferer in order to prevent #2 vs #10 if #3 is ready.

I'm not even talking here about #1. Let's say that Gvozdyk and Kovalev have the same manager and they have somehow decided they shouldn't fight each other at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by minemax View Post
      Barrera has never been proposed to fight Kovalev for the title.
      And he explained why he had rejected those two offers:
      a) not a title fight;
      b) not enough money for him.

Any boxer has full right either to fight or not to fight some other boxer.
      But if it's a title fight, the organization should interferer in order to prevent #2 vs #10 if #3 is ready.

I'm not even talking here about #1. Let's say that Gvozdyk and Kovalev have the same manager and they have somehow decided they shouldn't fight each other at the moment.
      Shabranskyy was not offered a title fight either. Not enough money? That’s Barrera’s opinion.
      Shabranskyy took the Kovalev fight for respect, to test himself, and it became a title fight later.
      Had Barrera accepted the fight, it would most likely ended up being a title fight as well.
      So too bad for him.

Comment

Working...
      X