Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Thurman vs Spence is a foregone conclusion??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
    You don't see it, but I'm confident you will have no choice eventually.

To say he has fought nobody is pretty damn stupid. He has fought the best fighters available in two weight divisions. The only thing I agree with is that he is missing truly elite names on his resume. But lets not pretend there weren't plenty of people picking Gamboa against him, and also a few picking Postol against him, or predicting a tough fight.

its always easy to look clever in hindsight. He has dominated good fighters in a way that tells me that he has some serious levels. Now taking on some of these big welterweights is not going to be easy for him I don't think, but I expect him to rise above all of them.

Lets wait and see who is right and who is wrong.
    Agree 100% he has beat a lot of very good(not great) fighters.Guys like Postal(who more than a few thought would win)are top fighters after they beat Mattese but then they lose one fight to a guy most people have in top 5 PFP and he is a bum????????????? God I hate that

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Crawford would smack Spence around the ring. Gamboa got dropped 4 times and KO'd, so if that is the best ya got, you've got a long ass way to go.
      C'mon now, bro. You are too knowledgeable to say this. Spence demolishes Crawford. Crawford is the better boxer, though.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
        Yea I agree he had 2 very good wins both on network tv in prime time.And because none of these guys have a promoter(hayman don't speak and media hate him for it)and also because he only fights once a year he blew it.At least so far I think he should use his extra title to make spence give him a rematch clause and take fight.After a tune up I guess.But that don't sound like what he is thinkin.
        Yeah PBC really suffer from a lack of promotion. I think they’ve really missed the boat with the WW division. They’ve made some good fights but not really created any major stars which they had the potential to do with their talent pool at 147

Comment

Keith so overrated it's painful :/

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
            Yeah PBC really suffer from a lack of promotion. I think they’ve really missed the boat with the WW division. They’ve made some good fights but not really created any major stars which they had the potential to do with their talent pool at 147
            Yea its a shame.I mean most of it is their fault for the guys they hired to run their boxing(instead of me and you lol.)But I think media's hate of haymon played small part.Some were clearly rooting for this to fail.Could have been HUGE for boxing.

Comment

Yea its a shame.I mean most of it is their fault for the guys they hired to run their boxing(instead of me and you lol.)But I think media's hate of haymon played small part.Some were clearly rooting for this to fail.Could have been HUGE for boxing.
              Yeah I agree with that, a lot of media/networks hung Haymon out to dry instead of getting behind what he was trying to achieve with PBC.

Comment

Yeah I agree with that, a lot of media/networks hung Haymon out to dry instead of getting behind what he was trying to achieve with PBC.
                Yup btw I just seen where you blasted that guy over his Joshua more skillfull then Fury thread.That was brutal and true lol.Although if they fight ill be rooting hard for Joshua but he better get off that powerlifting s hite.Worse thing for boxing would be for him to beat either or both top 2 and then go off the hook and we will be left with nothing.

Comment

Yup btw I just seen where you blasted that guy over his Joshua more skillfull then Fury thread.That was brutal and true lol.Although if they fight ill be rooting hard for Joshua but he better get off that powerlifting s hite.Worse thing for boxing would be for him to beat either or both top 2 and then go off the hook and we will be left with nothing.
                  That guy was sooo deluded Hahahaha, he tried to tell me Wlad was the GOAT HW and had fought more top opposition than any HW in history😂😂😂
                  I’d be rooting for Fury tbh. Although he says some really stupid things, at least he’s real. AJ comes across so false IMO, plus he’s with Hearn and Sky who I detest. I think the Fury that schooler Wlad schools AJ all the same but I’m concerned he may never get back to that level with the damage he’s done to his body and career over the last 18 months.

Comment

That guy was sooo deluded Hahahaha, he tried to tell me Wlad was the GOAT HW and had fought more top opposition than any HW in history😂😂😂
                    I’d be rooting for Fury tbh. Although he says some really stupid things, at least he’s real. AJ comes across so false IMO, plus he’s with Hearn and Sky who I detest. I think the Fury that schooler Wlad schools AJ all the same but I’m concerned he may never get back to that level with the damage he’s done to his body and career over the last 18 months.
                    I think Joshua at 245 or less is tougher fight for Fury.Fury was MADE to beat that stle of Wlad that Steward created.Wlad will NOT throw right if he cant touch you will LEFT.For Wlad its all about being able to touch you you know where where you are with that left.Fury took that ONE thing away and the macine broke down.Joshua will be dangerous for as long as it goes because he WILL take more chances.I think Wilder can beat beat Fury even at best.It would not be easy and not even suire yet if I would pick him.But with his speed on that jab and next level power with that st8 right I could see him spark Fury his chin still has ?s.

Comment

I think Joshua at 245 or less is tougher fight for Fury.Fury was MADE to beat that stle of Wlad that Steward created.Wlad will NOT throw right if he cant touch you will LEFT.For Wlad its all about being able to touch you you know where where you are with that left.Fury took that ONE thing away and the macine broke down.Joshua will be dangerous for as long as it goes because he WILL take more chances.I think Wilder can beat beat Fury even at best.It would not be easy and not even suire yet if I would pick him.But with his speed on that jab and next level power with that st8 right I could see him spark Fury his chin still has ?s.
                      Purely because of the power aspect I think both AJ and Wilder would always be dangerous all through out the fight however I think Fury has way too many tools especially for AJ who tends to plod with his feet. Wilder although having relatively fast footwork for a big man also makes a lot of fundamental errors I believe Fury would walk him on to shots and outbox him relatively comfortably. The problem is I'm basing this on Fury before he went off the rails. I fear he may have done too much damage to himself that he may not get back to that level. Only time will tell I guess.

Comment

Working...
                      X