Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Walters should beat Loma, where does he go from there? Salido rematch anyone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he should rematch Salido regardless. He wants to but apparently his management ruined this opportunity over money. I think Loma wins the rematch handily but you can't give him credit if it doesn't take place (the old "he would've beaten him anyway" excuse does not apply in this case).

As for the Walters fight-- It really boils down to how well Loma can take a punch and if he could sustain his constant movement for 12 rounds. Part of what makes Loma so hard to fight is his constant movement, the angles he gives and his ability to throw hard shots in close while simultaneously shifting/circling his opponent. For instance, Loma can move to his right while throwing a hard body shot with his left and by the time his opponent reacts, Loma is already out of range. Walters will have trouble landing flush on Loma and will probably get frustrated. However, the question is what happens IF he lands flush?

I pick Loma to win but I don't count Walters out.

Comment

walters power didn't look that big vs sosa to be honest, even though he should've won that fight easily. dude was masive at 126 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
        If Lomachenko beats Walter's, forget the Salido rematch--- that's a waste of time and there are bigger fishes to fry. I don't think anyone actually considers Salido as good of an opponent as Walters. Even I'm wondering how Lomachenko will do against someone like Walter's who has a good size and power advantage.

If Lomachenko wins this fight, I don't think even the haters will have any room to talk trash about him from this point on, nor deny him a P4P spot.
        I wouldn't sleep on Salido....

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
          If Loma wins then I'd like to see him fight a more skilled and quicker fighter like Gamboa.... That's an even more intriguing match up than Loma-Walters... Of course, the BEST possible match up for Loma is Rigo at 126...But that will never happen I guess...Rigo is probably the only fighter near Loma's weight, that Loma could not systemically figure out and break down... I'm sure he'll figure out a way to neutralize the threat of Walters power, and with his skill and speed he'll get the decision.

I'd like to see him avenge his loss to Salido in spectacular fashion, which I think he would. But it's not a necessary fight... Beating the most skilled fighters should be his first priority.

Then I'd like to see him keep moving up in weight. Eventually making it to 140.
          lomachenko-gamboa is perhaps the best fight in the sport of boxing. but gamboa needs a decent comeback win before that fight happens

the rigondeaux fight is gone. lomachenko would win on size alone. gamboa is the cuban that should be on his radar

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
            lomachenko-gamboa is perhaps the best fight in the sport of boxing. but gamboa needs a decent comeback win before that fight happens

the rigondeaux fight is gone. lomachenko would win on size alone. gamboa is the cuban that should be on his radar
            I like this fight as well....

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
              If the walters from his last 2 fights shows up...it's a wrap. Walters looked terrible.
              yea he wasnt impressive....kinda work man like performances

Comment

Originally posted by i got the keys View Post
                I like this fight as well....
                me too

Comment

Wont be shocked if walters landed a game changing bomb lol

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    yea he wasnt impressive....kinda work man like performances
                    A lot of following his opponent around the ring with reluctance to let his hands go...a recipe for a UD loss vs lomachenko.

Comment

Walters could be another polarizing figure that could be used by the demographic.

Comment

Working...
                      X