Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Sr: If My Son Returns - No Big Middleweights!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GGG isn't that much bigger than Floyd, especially if he went down to 154 to fight him. People make too big of a deal of their weight differences. People pretending that 13 pounds would be some huge advantage for Golovkin lmao. That's the average weight of an overweight cat, and think of how easy those felines are to pick up. Now imagine that weight spreading out all across the body.

Also, saying your son would whoop him makes people question why you're suggesting not even fighting him in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
      The question is does he come back or not? What do you guys think?

Nah, stick a fork in him, he is done..... he is not interested, AND there is no money on the table to get him interested.

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
        Mayweather's record is pathetic compared to what it could have been.

What could it have been ?

Give us the names.

* waits quietly to ridicule you when you mention Margarito *

Comment

Originally posted by SP4RTICUS View Post
          'health comes first'...

avoided pacman for 8 yrs waiting for him to get knocked out by Marquez and now chickenfloyd is making the comeback vs farcia....shame

That is rubbish, don't know why you said that because 8 years prior Pac was fighting at 130.

Does the rest of your post contain similar bull**** ?

BTW, Mayweather signed to fight Pac in Dec 2009, why didn't Pac sign ?

Isn't it funny how we see the same thing differently ? LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by diarraisagod View Post
            I know about weight cutting, I compete in K1 myself.

There was a post the other day about GGG's weight 30 days out for his upcoming fight. He was just 4lbs over the middleweight limit. It's very unusual these days to be so close to your fighting weight that far out from a fight. Most fighters are cutting huge amounts of weight, especially in the last 24 hours before the weigh-in. Take his opponent Wade, who for the same weigh-in was 15.6lbs over the 160lbs limit.

My point still stands, if you're 164lbs 30 days before a fight, you're a small middleweight and would have no problem competing at 154lbs.

So, why is he refusing to negotiate with Canelo ?

Canelo is the best possible payday for Golovkin, but he won't negotiate ?

Comment

So, why is he refusing to negotiate with Canelo ?

Canelo is the best possible payday for Golovkin, but he won't negotiate ?

Because, the little red kid hits back

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                According to boxingscene logic, Floyd needs to return to his natural weight, 147, and try and unify the division. The Pac-Bradley winner is irrelevant because they won't have a belt. His targets need to be Kell Brook, Keith Thurman, Danny Garcia, and Jessie Vargas. Probably Garcia first, because he's the most popular in America. Vargas is a good storyline because Floyd used to promote him. And hopefully by then the Thurman-Porter winner will havr fought Brook to unify those belts. And the whomever emerges can fight Floyd for all the belts. That legendary **** right there. And would cement Floyd as the best welterweight ever. If not the flat out TBE.

Brook is the only fight that would interest me.

Mayweather outclasses all those other guys, and likely Brook as well.

I have no interest whatsoever in watching Mayweather fight Thurman, Garcia, or Vargas..... and I doubt that he makes a comeback for Kell Brook.

The pac-money may interest him, otherwise I think he's done.

Would Brook/Thurman/Garcia/Vargas REALLY make much of a difference to Floyd's legacy?

I say, they would make very little difference..... he has already beaten much better fighters than those guys..... it would just be more of the same.

Comment

Lol, thought he just said lil Floyd would whoop lil g at 160 easy?

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    You know why he won't negotiate, WBC says he doesn't have to.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      You know why he won't negotiate, WBC says he doesn't have to.

Because " I don't have to "..... is the worst reason to avoid a fight.

He is a fighter, right ?

Canelo would be GGG's best possible payday, why wouldn't he want that ?

Comment

Working...
                      X