No announcement yet.

Zab Super Judah Appreciation thread: no trolling allowed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mastertech1985 View Post
    He gets a bad rap for being a frontrunner but he was one of the most talented fighters of his generation. If he had the mental dexterity or make up of some one like Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacqiuao he would have been one of the greats

He didn't live up to his potential in many peoples eyes but he didn't become an undisputed welterweight champion, in an era of splintered belts. Also won the IBF title early in his career and also when he past prime and 33 years old

Contrary to popular believe, he did not lose all of his significant fights and had some very good wins

Wins over champions/titlsts: Kaizer Mabuza, Junior Witter, Demarcus Corely, Cory Spinks, Rafael Pineda, Terron Millet

Contenders/gatekeepers: Reggie Green, Micky Ward, Darryl Tyson, and Lucas Matthyssee

Judah is one of my favorite fighters from the time when I really became enamored with the sport around 1996-1997 and I watched him not make the Olympics and go one to be a world champion. It was great to see

Brooklyn stand up!!!!
    Unfortunately he didn't get credit for the Floyd knockdown, that could have been his biggest accomplish.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
      Unfortunately he didn't get credit for the Floyd knockdown, that could have been his biggest accomplish.
      That was no slip

Comment

Originally posted by mastertech1985 View Post
        He gets a bad rap for being a frontrunner but he was one of the most talented fighters of his generation. If he had the mental dexterity or make up of some one like Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacqiuao he would have been one of the greats

He didn't live up to his potential in many peoples eyes but he didn't become an undisputed welterweight champion, in an era of splintered belts. Also won the IBF title early in his career and also when he past prime and 33 years old

Contrary to popular believe, he did not lose all of his significant fights and had some very good wins

Wins over champions/titlsts: Kaizer Mabuza, Junior Witter, Demarcus Corely, Cory Spinks, Rafael Pineda, Terron Millet

Contenders/gatekeepers: Reggie Green, Micky Ward, Darryl Tyson, and Lucas Matthyssee

Judah is one of my favorite fighters from the time when I really became enamored with the sport around 1996-1997 and I watched him not make the Olympics and go one to be a world champion. It was great to see

Brooklyn stand up!!!!
        I'll give you a fair assessment on Zab Judah.

HBO's Larry Merchant once said something along the line that a gifted fighter not only encompasses physical gift, but he's got to have hard work and dedication with a heart of iron...

I've always felt Judah was physically gifted, but felt that he was never mentally strong and he lacks will. In his biggest fights, he was never able to focus from start to finish. That's why he only had moments in those fights, examples are his fights with Mayweather, Cotto, Khan, Tszyu and Clottey.

If you enjoy his work, more power to you. I was never a fan of him and thought he would never enter the HOF and don't see him getting there now...
        Last edited by Kenchiro; 04-09-2015, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenchiro View Post
          I'll give you a fair assessment on Zab Judah.

HBO's Larry Merchant once said something along the line that a gifted fighter not only encompasses physical gift, but he's got to have hard work and dedication with a heart of iron...

I've always felt Judah was physically gifted, but felt that he was never mentally strong and he lacks will. In his biggest fights, he was never able to focus from start to finish. That's why he only had moments in those fights, examples are his fights with Mayweather, Cotto, Khan, Tszyu and Clottey.

If you enjoy his work, more power to you. I was never a fan of him and thought he would never enter the HOF and don't see him getting there now...
          He is appreciating his talent and the time he dedicated to the sport and the blood sweat and tears he gave to support his family and to fans

I never though he was great but he was a good fighter

I hate this site cause people do nothing but criticize and chastise

Comment

His rear hand uppercut is a thing of beauty.

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            He is appreciating his talent and the time he dedicated to the sport and the blood sweat and tears he gave to support his family and to fans

I never though he was great but he was a good fighter

I hate this site cause people do nothing but criticize and chastise
            ^^^ I was just thinking that. It's like you can't even come here without exposing yourself to the most ridiculous b*tching about every little thing and every fighter around and everyone they fight and everything they do. Maybe only half of it's real and half of it is trolling but all of it is just negative b*tching all the time. It's like almost everybody has a few fighters they like and they want everybody else to get crapped on to make those fighters look better by comparison or something.
            Last edited by GoldenGloveLove; 04-09-2015, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
              His rear hand uppercut is a thing of beauty.

^^^ I was just thinking that. It's like you can't even come here without exposing yourself to the most ridiculous b*tching about every little thing and every fighter around and everyone they fight and everything they do. Maybe only half of it's real and half of it is trolling but all of it is just negative b*tching all the time. It's like almost everybody has a few fighters they like and they want everybody else to get crapped on to make those fighters look better by comparison or something.
              Dude made an appreciation thread not a ***** fest thread

This site is getting old hat

Like talking to middle school kids....80% of the people on this site never been in boxing gym and they call pros cowards and ducks...****s comical to me

Comment

Working...
              X