Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do so many ppl think Bruce Lee was a real fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
    Bruce Lee trained 6-8 hours a day for years. He spent his life devoted to improving and promoting Martial Arts.

It was his life, not his hobby.

He is one of THE reasons MMA was born, why martial arts became popular among the West, and why you get to enjoy UFC and other such competitions.

He would beat a sloppy fighter like Dominic Cruz any day.
    Lol now see this is why it's necessary to correct the myth about Lee..

Lee NEVER EVER.... NOT EVEN ONCE proved himself in any sort of combat.

Cruz has beaten a lit of top fighters who were experienced in various comvat styles from wrestling to bjj to boxing muay thai judo etc..

He beat Demetrius Johnson amd TJ killashaw ( a top 5 pfp mixed martial artist).

His awkward style does look sloppy at times but let's be real he would have dumped Lee on his ass,taken his back and choked him out. Hell he'd make him his girlfriend if he wantec to.

Lee would have been clueless on dealing with wrestling, and bjj..

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
      here is some clips off his book.. he's writing about grappling way before brazilian jujitsu got popular. he knows about this stuff already. bruce is a fighter!! just not a professional fighter.

Loool ashida kim and frank dux write about martial arts too.

Doesn't mean they could utilize them in actual fights.

Hahah it's so hilarious ppl think Lee was anything other than an entertainer (a hell of an entertainer).

Lee was an inspiration to generations to start martial arts. And to be fit. Let's credit him as an entertainer and figure head/ambassador of sorts..

BUT PLEASE LET'S NOT DISRESPECT REAL FIGHTERS WHO HAVE ACTUALLY RISKED THEIR HEALTH FIGHTING!!

THAT was all this thread intended to do.

Comment

Didn't he create his own martial art or something like that?

I do agree that he's overrated in the sense that some people think he was this real life superhero with 20 lives and rechargeable power, but make no mistake, the man could fight.

Comment

the noises he made . made me a fan a mean if i went woo we eeee before i hit some **** theyd proberbly run away

Comment

Bruce Lee was the best movie star on screen choreographed fighter ever.. like when he would make his hands move in fast, then slow mo, awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
              Bruce Lee trained 6-8 hours a day for years. He spent his life devoted to improving and promoting Martial Arts.

It was his life, not his hobby.

He is one of THE reasons MMA was born, why martial arts became popular among the West, and why you get to enjoy UFC and other such competitions.

He would beat a sloppy fighter like Dominic Cruz any day.
              He wouldnt even beat Mighty Mouse

Comment

The real question is, could he take a full power shot from a prime Zab Super Judah?

Comment

Read his book, then get back to me

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
                    He was a movie star. As far as I've heard he's never actually competed in any real competition.

Chuck Norris was an actual karate fighter doe..

These memes with Lee saying "I could have kicked Chuck Norris's ass" are funny
                    Vast majority of real life fighters vouch for him.Why should anyone believe a nobody on the internet trying to say otherwise?

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
                      He was a movie star. As far as I've heard he's never actually competed in any real competition.

Chuck Norris was an actual karate fighter doe..

These memes with Lee saying "I could have kicked Chuck Norris's ass" are funny
                      He is a legend. So legendary stories and mythical feats will always be associated with him. His actual skills are irrelevant. There is no way to prove or disprove what he was actually capable of at this point. Trying to say he wasn't this or that is a waste of time because no one is listening. He was a childhood hero to a lot of people, including myself. I remember having three posters on my wall in the late 70's. The Six Million Dollar Man, Farrah Fawcett and Bruce ****ing Lee.

Comment

Working...
                      X