Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 01-15-2017, 11:52 AM #1
THE SODOMITE

Quoted: 636 Post(s)
Jamie harris has a reputation beyond reputeJamie harris has a reputation beyond reputeJamie harris has a reputation beyond reputeJamie harris has a reputation beyond reputeJamie harris has a reputation beyond reputeJamie harris has a reputation beyond reputeJamie harris has a reputation beyond reputeJamie harris has a reputation beyond reputeJamie harris has a reputation beyond reputeJamie harris has a reputation beyond reputeJamie harris has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 274,773.25
You desperately need this you fat pathetic cunt.  How sad it must be to be you. - Mr McDowell Here's a big vibrator for your fat cunt.  No man would go near a fat horrible b!tch like you.  You're disgusting. - Mr McDowell You're a fat b!tch.  You're a really horrible person.  What is wrong with you?  You seriously need to seek help.  You are so pathetic. - Mr McDowell hugs and kisses - Mr McDowell hugs and kisses sorry about the vibrators - Mr McDowell 
Default Gatti

Was Arturo gatti one of boxing greatest warriors or technically a flawed, pub drunk fighter? Was Mickey ward ever the cream of the crop and proper champion? My thoughts are gatti wasn't the best by a mile but had balls, ward I think personally was ****!
Jamie harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-15-2017, 12:06 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2128 Post(s)
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 50,000,020,000,002,092,826,624.00
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie harris View Post
Was Arturo gatti one of boxing greatest warriors or technically a flawed, pub drunk fighter? Was Mickey ward ever the cream of the crop and proper champion? My thoughts are gatti wasn't the best by a mile but had balls, ward I think personally was ****!
If we deconstruct boxing eventually we get the act of punching a man in the face. When we start to add social context to that, we get an art, a way to demonstrate perfection, bravery, technical ability, and to achieve victory in the eyes of others.

Is there room in boxing for more than the guy who can punch you in the face the best? We certainly know Sugar Ray Robinson was an archetype for what a great fighter should be...but what about a guy who somehow rises to the top? wind accolades, even though he is not such a natural...a guy who the common man can relate to? Full of piss and vinegar, with courage to spare, and with the spirit to press on, even in the face of danger and adversity.

We always had fighters like Toney Galenta, Gene Fullmore, and the mythical Rocky Balboa (who is in the HOF by the way lol), more recently guys like Bobby Chaz... guys who got by more on spirit than ability.

Gatti and Ward represent that spirit. They are special because they represent a connection to the common man. in this respect both guys are indeed deserving of accolodes in the boxing community. Heres the thing: Galenta, Fullmore, Chaz, Gatti, Ward, ALL had exceptional skills as well. They just were not the top level when it came to ATG in boxing. So all these guys were decent fighters, some excellent fighters, including Gatti. Every fighter is flawed... la motta, to many a crude brawler ( a misconception) managed to beat Robinson... as far as technical ability, even fighters that look like crude fighters do not excel at the top level. You just have to watch carefully to catch some of the technical details supposed" "crude fighters" use effectively. No club fighter could make a name for himself at the top like Gatti did.

Last edited by billeau2; 01-15-2017 at 12:12 PM.
billeau2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 12:20 PM #3
THE SODOMITE

Quoted: 636 Post(s)
Jamie harris has a reputation beyond reputeJamie harris has a reputation beyond reputeJamie harris has a reputation beyond reputeJamie harris has a reputation beyond reputeJamie harris has a reputation beyond reputeJamie harris has a reputation beyond reputeJamie harris has a reputation beyond reputeJamie harris has a reputation beyond reputeJamie harris has a reputation beyond reputeJamie harris has a reputation beyond reputeJamie harris has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 274,773.25
You desperately need this you fat pathetic cunt.  How sad it must be to be you. - Mr McDowell Here's a big vibrator for your fat cunt.  No man would go near a fat horrible b!tch like you.  You're disgusting. - Mr McDowell You're a fat b!tch.  You're a really horrible person.  What is wrong with you?  You seriously need to seek help.  You are so pathetic. - Mr McDowell hugs and kisses - Mr McDowell hugs and kisses sorry about the vibrators - Mr McDowell 

I think gatti had very little skill thb! His foot work was bad and his hands always so low (not as low as froch). He was a favourite at the boardwalk Atlanta I think more of publicity than ability.
Jamie harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 12:51 PM #4
One Hit Wonder

Quoted: 11845 Post(s)
Elroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 580,113,099,781,733.38
Total Points: 100,001,000,681,213,188,374,528.00
Elroy, theres no need to feel down, I SAID LEROY, he spells fuck like fuh-nuck, theres no need-to-be-a-faggot, REFRAIN, hey Elroy Letoy why are u gay? - HAMMER77777 Elroy, theres no need to feel down, I SAID LEROY, he spells fuck like fuh-nuck, theres no need-to-be-a-faggot, REFRAIN, hey Elroy Letoy why are u gay? - HAMMER77777 Elroy, theres no need to feel down, I SAID LEROY, he spells fuck like fuh-nuck, theres no need-to-be-a-faggot, REFRAIN, hey Elroy Letoy why are u gay? - HAMMER77777 Elroy, theres no need to feel down, I SAID LEROY, he spells fuck like fuh-nuck, theres no need-to-be-a-faggot, REFRAIN, hey Elroy Letoy why are u gay? - HAMMER77777 Elroy, theres no need to feel down, I SAID LEROY, he spells fuck like fuh-nuck, theres no need-to-be-a-faggot, REFRAIN, hey Elroy Letoy why are u gay? - HAMMER77777 
AAAAAAAA, shaaaad aaap! - Plier88888 Everyone Knows its an alt, dumbass.  Genius.  I made this because Hammer77777 was permabanned by a racist mod.  If I was trying to be incognito would I choose Plier88888?   Sheesh.  Its obvious that its Hammer's alt til I get that account restored. - Plier88888 stay in your lane motherfuker before i put u back in it - Plier88888 please forgive me, i think ur a cool dude. - Shaolin Sword enjoy your bad RACIST idiot. Keep spewing racism and more will come. - Shaolin Sword 
You're a good poster and contributor to this site - desktop 0 I have no problem with you - desktop 0 I have no problem with you. Desk Flop - anthonydavid11 can't green. here's something green ;) - Turd Best Ever For being homosexual. - ShoulderRoll 
So glad I struck a nerve ;) - Boxing Goat Gift time.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Smoov, bruvva - Tony Trick-Pony Cleaning up this mug... - Tony Trick-Pony USA USA USA - Tony Trick-Pony 

he had a very good chin and better than average recoop power. thing is, he failed when he stepped up in class. a few more manfredys and his career would have been shot.
Elroy The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 12:54 PM #5
Interim Champion

Quoted: 550 Post(s)
DeLorean has a reputation beyond reputeDeLorean has a reputation beyond reputeDeLorean has a reputation beyond reputeDeLorean has a reputation beyond reputeDeLorean has a reputation beyond reputeDeLorean has a reputation beyond reputeDeLorean has a reputation beyond reputeDeLorean has a reputation beyond reputeDeLorean has a reputation beyond reputeDeLorean has a reputation beyond reputeDeLorean has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 56,902.73

Arturo Gatti vs Ruslan Provodnikov would've been a bloodbath
DeLorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 01:41 PM #6
One Hit Wonder

Quoted: 11845 Post(s)
Elroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond reputeElroy The Great has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 580,113,099,781,733.38
Total Points: 100,001,000,681,213,188,374,528.00
Elroy, theres no need to feel down, I SAID LEROY, he spells fuck like fuh-nuck, theres no need-to-be-a-faggot, REFRAIN, hey Elroy Letoy why are u gay? - HAMMER77777 Elroy, theres no need to feel down, I SAID LEROY, he spells fuck like fuh-nuck, theres no need-to-be-a-faggot, REFRAIN, hey Elroy Letoy why are u gay? - HAMMER77777 Elroy, theres no need to feel down, I SAID LEROY, he spells fuck like fuh-nuck, theres no need-to-be-a-faggot, REFRAIN, hey Elroy Letoy why are u gay? - HAMMER77777 Elroy, theres no need to feel down, I SAID LEROY, he spells fuck like fuh-nuck, theres no need-to-be-a-faggot, REFRAIN, hey Elroy Letoy why are u gay? - HAMMER77777 Elroy, theres no need to feel down, I SAID LEROY, he spells fuck like fuh-nuck, theres no need-to-be-a-faggot, REFRAIN, hey Elroy Letoy why are u gay? - HAMMER77777 
AAAAAAAA, shaaaad aaap! - Plier88888 Everyone Knows its an alt, dumbass.  Genius.  I made this because Hammer77777 was permabanned by a racist mod.  If I was trying to be incognito would I choose Plier88888?   Sheesh.  Its obvious that its Hammer's alt til I get that account restored. - Plier88888 stay in your lane motherfuker before i put u back in it - Plier88888 please forgive me, i think ur a cool dude. - Shaolin Sword enjoy your bad RACIST idiot. Keep spewing racism and more will come. - Shaolin Sword 
You're a good poster and contributor to this site - desktop 0 I have no problem with you - desktop 0 I have no problem with you. Desk Flop - anthonydavid11 can't green. here's something green ;) - Turd Best Ever For being homosexual. - ShoulderRoll 
So glad I struck a nerve ;) - Boxing Goat Gift time.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Smoov, bruvva - Tony Trick-Pony Cleaning up this mug... - Tony Trick-Pony USA USA USA - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
Arturo Gatti vs Ruslan Provodnikov would've been a bloodbath
ruslan would have broken gatti down.
gatti vs rios...more of a fair fight.

imho
Elroy The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 02:24 PM #7
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4040 Post(s)
Real King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 724,217.43
Total Points: 1,000,001,047,477.32
No Message - Tha_Greatest So true... - anthonydavid11 One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie harris View Post
Ward was actually more of a boxer in the amateurs i read somewhere. He just wasn't as good as the very best in the world...no reason to call him ****. He found other ways to win and had a chin and heart that were on par with anyone in the history of the sport. Great left hook to the body too.
Real King Kong is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
gatti

User Tag List