No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez: Cotto Questioning Rule That Made Him Champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBC Prez: Cotto Questioning Rule That Made Him Champ

LAS VEGAS - According to World Boxing Council President Mauricio Sulaiman, it was Miguel Cotto's decision to be derecognized as their middleweight champion.

Cotto and the sanctioning body were unable to reach an agreement on the sanctioning fee for this Saturday's fight, when the Puerto Rican star takes on Mexico's Saul "Canelo" Alvarez at the Mandalay Bay.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If it's not about money why didn't you take the 125K? Or, take nothing?

Comment

Cotto acts like a simple country bumpkin but he knows how to work the system and right now it is all about him, until someone knocks him off. I hope Canelo does the job. Pay your damn fees, idiot.

Comment

Are you reading??? Sulimán is saying it's not about the money!!!
        Or is this you posting crap Sulimán?
        Last edited by Luis Erazo; 11-19-2015, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by saint laurent
          are you reading? he said it's about principle. if canelo was paying 300k, why would the WBC accept less from cotto when cotto's purse is actually bigger than canelo's?
          Principle my ass. First, as a fan I don't give a **** about sanctioning bodies, they're a joke.
          Second, everybody knows that the WBC are a bunch of crooks. Wake the **** up!

Comment

Cotto had no problem paying sanctioning fees until he has to fight Golovkin next. Funny how that works out lol

Comment

Originally posted by saint laurent
              if they took 125k from cotto, they'd have to take 125k from canelo as well. which would be 50k less than what they're going to get from canelo.

the WBC has bills like everyone else and after ten years straight of paying rocchigiani 330k a year (plus another 1.2 million up front), the WBC is dead broke.
              Well, he ended up taking nothing, didn't he?

Comment

Sounds like all bull**** to me.... "NON-PROFIT" organization??? then can you explain if all the %3 fees you have been collecting FOR 53 YEARS HAVE NOT ENRICHED THE SULAIMAN FAMILY, and goes to any charity or where does it goes???

Mauricio is full of ****!!! ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY, ITS HIS JOB TO SAY OTHERWISE!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nielon View Post
                  Sounds like all bull**** to me.... "NON-PROFIT" organization??? then can you explain if all the %3 fees you have been collecting FOR 53 YEARS HAVE NOT ENRICHED THE SULAIMAN FAMILY, and goes to any charity or where does it goes???

Mauricio is full of ****!!! ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY, ITS HIS JOB TO SAY OTHERWISE!!!!!
                  A non-profit organization my ass hahaha WBC lying here!

Comment

Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
                    Cotto had no problem paying sanctioning fees until he has to fight Golovkin next. Funny how that works out lol
                    Is it that or the fact they are asking for a ridiculous amount aside for the step aside money,.

Comment

Working...
                    X