Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
    Go watch that episode Hardhome.

The knight king raise all the dead back to life. No, these "zombies" don't bite, you dont die or turn to zombie coz some zombie bite you. they kill you like what normal people would do, like stab you, punch you, etc.. You've been watching too much for walking dead.

For the dragon, he'd have to die in battle likely an arrow then the night king would raise him back to life.
    Then why doesn't the king raise up all the dead bees to life, and they sting the crap out of everyone? Or all the poisonous snakes that ever lived and they bite everyone?

Better yet, bring all the ex-wives and mothers-in-law back from the dead?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Last night I was thinking about getting into reading the books. My only knowledge of the story is just the show.
      The books are better than the show, with more detail. The characters are more consistent and credible.

The series, like everything on TV, is more in line with Cultural Marxism (for example, having ****sexuality, the females more powerful, more incest, more rape, and men overall more evil, despicable, weak and cowardly).

Differences:

- The Thenns are the most honorable of the Wildlings and not cannibals. The Ice River Clans, portrayed in a positive light in the TV series with their queen, are cannibals in the books.
      - Brienne doesn't beat the Hound
      - there are no gay scenes described, it is not clearly stated that Loras or Renly are gay
      - Mance is not burned alive, Rattleshirt is burned however
      - Ramsay does not marry and torture Sansa, he marries Lady Hornwood and then starves her to death, and then takes a girl he thinks is Arya
      - Yara is called "Asha" and is not a lesbian
      - The Red Witch is more reasonable - the little girl is NOT burned alive
      - Hardhome is described as even more horrific with Wildlings starving to death and resorting to cannibalism, but Jon is not there
      - Theon had teeth and fingers removed by Ramsay, and is reduced to not much more than a living skeleton. His hair is turned white and he appears to be an old man after the torture.
      - Jon is not murdered by the boy and Ser Thorne with several, it's a different group of leaders of the men who kill him. The boy whose parents were killed by Thenns is not a character in the books. Jon sent Ser Thorne ranging out beyond the wall.
      - Dragon glass does not kill wights, but it kills White Walkers, called "The Others" in the books. Sam kill an Other at the Fist with dragonglass, but fails to kill wights when they attack him and Gilly at the hut. They are rescued by a character called Coldhands, who is similar to Bengen Stark in the TV series.

Comment

• stop spoling the show idiots. dammit now i have to leave this thread forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
          Then why doesn't the king raise up all the dead bees to life, and they sting the crap out of everyone? Or all the poisonous snakes that ever lived and they bite everyone?
          Not many bees in an Arctic climate, and there are no poisonous snakes, nor reptiles of any kind in very cold climates like north of The Wall.

Those who were dead for awhile are just skeletons, and they seemed weaker and easier to stop, remember?

Teen aged crannoggirl Meera smashed several, while Jon had trouble with a single recently dead wight in the first season.

The Night King and other White Walkers don't even bother killing and resurrecting weaker men like Sam and the guy who Ned beheaded in the first episode of season 1.
          Last edited by The Hammer; 08-08-2017, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Last night I was thinking about getting into reading the books. My only knowledge of the story is just the show.
            The books are great, highly recommend. Just be aware they started completely diverting from the books at about season 4. The show is stil great but it feels like ASOIAF fan fiction at this point to be honest. And I completely blame GRRM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post

Well it appears they zombiefy some horses, so there's that.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev-
                Smh Brush

I know you read the leaks, I linked it to you.
                This is a prediction I have had since the Hardhome episode.

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  The books are great, highly recommend. Just be aware they started completely diverting from the books at about season 4. The show is stil great but it feels like ASOIAF fan fiction at this point to be honest. And I completely blame GRRM.
                  I don't understand why Dan and Dave are ending GoT with Season 8, and making them so short at that. It's not HBO at all, considering GoT brings so many subs to them, HBO would love 20 seasons of GoT probably. I get that there's a creative plateau for tv series, and risks of going for way too long and just draw it out for no reason. But with the viewership and fandom GoT has, they should attempt at least 10 seasons. But oh well. I hope they do a spin off or like GRRM once talked about, just another story in the GoT universe with different characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2111 View Post
                    Not many bees in an Arctic climate, and there are no poisonous snakes, nor reptiles of any kind in very cold climates like north of The Wall.

Irrelevant. Once they get past the wall into warmer climates there will be bees, snakes, spiders, ****roaches everywhere. Why don't they raise an army of ****roaches and spiders and snakes? Most people are afraid of one of those three...

Comment

• I went back and deleted all my posts that contain spoilers (3 posts), even though they had spoiler warnings. I believe Brush had that prediction on his own.

Comment

Working...
                      X