Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loeffler: Canelo Needs Golovkin More Than GGG Needs Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
    Yea, where's all these great fights out of that deep stable of fighters who can face each other? That's been the frustrating thing...most of them aren't active enough and aren't facing good opponents.
    Not sure what's going on with the SHO schedule for the end of the year, seems they blew all their money early and are going to reveal something big for next year.

But historically they match up their fighters against one another and they have that luxury by having that deep stable.

Garcia-Porter-Thurman have all fought each other.

MGarcia fought Broner/Easter.

Lara/Hurd/Trout have all fought each other.

The Charlos have fought Trout/Jrock/Lubin.

Mares fought Leo twice, Leo fought Frampton twice.

No 1 promoter is perfect, you can't force a guy to be great and fight every top guy 1 by 1.

The thing is there's no denying that if you sign with Top Rank you will be protected as an investment, that's good for the fighter but you will also just get blatant ducking and that's just how it goes.

They gave Prograis an ESPN date just that he didn't enforce his mandatory vs. Jose Ramirez. It's a smart move by the promoter but it's because they felt it wasn't going to slanted in their favor. On the other hand they fought Orozco because they felt he had a big edge over him.

PBC isn't perfect but for GGG he won't be matched soft if he signs to SHO, that's why Top Rank would be the way to go. Arum would squeeze the juice left by giving him gimme's while demanding a 40% split if Canelo wanted to fight for the 3rd time.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      Errol/Jermall/Jermell are being ducked! The other stables are ducking too. Don't blame the winning team. Triple L will duck Jermall HARD next....LMMFAO!

Jermall Charlo vs golovkin!!!!
      Everyone's ducking them so they're fighting lower level opposition...you sound like a ggg fan.😆

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        hey.....

that RIDICULOUS conversation we had awhile back.....

when you insisted that Hearn and Poshua were making genuine efforts to make a fight with Wilder lol...

this is what Hearn said yesterday...

" “At the moment I think a split of 65-35 in AJ’s favour is fair "

if Hearn believes that " a split of 65-35 in AJ’s favour is fair "...

then the 15mil offer that you INSISTED was fair..... was obviously not fair... or even close

you INSISTED that Hearn had made every effort to genuinely make that fight..... despite the fact that Hearn admitted that he had not

just saying

that really was a DUMB conversation man lol
        I said 15 mil was fair? Link to the post or stfu. I've said 60-40 Joshua is fair. You might be mistaking me with one of the many other people you were locked into pointless arguments with. I'm not big on flat fee offers, but if the number approaches what the split would be depending on revenue generated, then whatever...but it's not up to me to decide what a fighter should or shouldn't take.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
          Not sure what's going on with the SHO schedule for the end of the year, seems they blew all their money early and are going to reveal something big for next year.

But historically they match up their fighters against one another and they have that luxury by having that deep stable.

Garcia-Porter-Thurman have all fought each other.

MGarcia fought Broner/Easter.

Lara/Hurd/Trout have all fought each other.

The Charlos have fought Trout/Jrock/Lubin.

Mares fought Leo twice, Leo fought Frampton twice.

No 1 promoter is perfect, you can't force a guy to be great and fight every top guy 1 by 1.

The thing is there's no denying that if you sign with Top Rank you will be protected as an investment, that's good for the fighter but you will also just get blatant ducking and that's just how it goes.

They gave Prograis an ESPN date just that he didn't enforce his mandatory vs. Jose Ramirez. It's a smart move by the promoter but it's because they felt it wasn't going to slanted in their favor. On the other hand they fought Orozco because they felt he had a big edge over him.

PBC isn't perfect but for GGG he won't be matched soft if he signs to SHO, that's why Top Rank would be the way to go. Arum would squeeze the juice left by giving him gimme's while demanding a 40% split if Canelo wanted to fight for the 3rd time.
          It sucks for us that promoters tend to stay in house...no matter how deep their stable is. No matter how many good/decent fights we get, in invariably gets to a point where some of the very best fights get hung up by promoter issues.

I won't be surprised is ggg good goes to dazn to chase that Canelo fight...it's really the only lucrative fight out there, and at this point of his career, that's what he's after. He doesn't wanna fight these potentially high risk low reward fights.

Comment

I said 15 mil was fair? Link to the post or stfu. I've said 60-40 Joshua is fair. You might be mistaking me with one of the many other people you were locked into pointless arguments with. I'm not big on flat fee offers, but if the number approaches what the split would be depending on revenue generated, then whatever...but it's not up to me to decide what a fighter should or shouldn't take.

YOU insisted, on multiple occasions, that Fast Eddie and Poshua Spice made GENUINE efforts to make that fight

YOU insisted that they did everything they could lol

but, they did not make a genuine effort to make that fight, they offered Wilder 15mil..... and yet.....

" At the moment I think a split of 65-35 in AJ’s favour is fair "
            ~ Fast Eddie Hearn

Comment

It sucks for us that promoters tend to stay in house...no matter how deep their stable is. No matter how many good/decent fights we get, in invariably gets to a point where some of the very best fights get hung up by promoter issues.

I won't be surprised is ggg good goes to dazn to chase that Canelo fight...it's really the only lucrative fight out there, and at this point of his career, that's what he's after. He doesn't wanna fight these potentially high risk low reward fights.

he has never wanted those fights you muppet

Comment

YOU insisted, on multiple occasions, that Fast Eddie and Poshua Spice made GENUINE efforts to make that fight

YOU insisted that they did everything they could lol

but, they did not make a genuine effort to make that fight, they offered Wilder 15mil..... and yet.....

" At the moment I think a split of 65-35 in AJ’s favour is fair "
                ~ Fast Eddie Hearn

Actually I "insisted" the opposite. I said neither side was making a genuine effort and that they were both posturing. I won't blame you for not being able to keep straight who you were talking to...you're at that age.😆

Comment

he has never wanted those fights you muppet
                  Lol...who wants potentially high risk low reward fights? When fighters are trying to make a name for themselves or trying to get belts, they are often forced to take some of those type fights. Guys on the verge of retirement, coming off their 2 biggest paydays are probably not really interesting in being a "contender" again...go figure.

Comment

• Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
                    This reminds me of Pacquiao/Márquez. Marquez needed a definitive win and he got it in their fourth fight. GGG needs a definitive win because as long as Canelo is boxing's biggest draw, no matter how good you are, judges will favor the money machine. I feel that GGG won the first one clearly. The second one was close but I still gave it to GGG by a round or two. I hope the third one happens.
                    Don’t want to get into it too much but I had the two fights the same way you did.

That said if they agree to a third fight Golovkin better grain for a 8-10 round fight. I’d actually say 8. Either come home with your shield or on it. I realize it might not be fair to have to fight that way but you don’t do the same thing over and over and expect different results. It of course puts him at risk to go down by opening up or just from sheer exhaustion but he has to know now what to expect. No excuses.

I’d have more respect for him if he went out blazing than lost another controversial decision where he didn’t throw everything at Canelo from round one.

Comment

• Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
                      This reminds me of Pacquiao/Márquez. Marquez needed a definitive win and he got it in their fourth fight. GGG needs a definitive win because as long as Canelo is boxing's biggest draw, no matter how good you are, judges will favor the money machine. I feel that GGG won the first one clearly. The second one was close but I still gave it to GGG by a round or two. I hope the third one happens.
                      Don’t want to get into it too much but I had the two fights the same way you did.

That said if they agree to a third fight Golovkin better train for a 8-10 round fight. I’d say 8. Either come home with your shield or on it. I realize it might not be fair to have to fight that way but you don’t do the same thing over and over and expect different results. It of course puts him at risk to go down by opening up or just from sheer exhaustion but he has to know now what to expect. No excuses.

I’d have more respect for him if he went out blazing than lost another controversial decision where he didn’t throw everything at Canelo from round one.

Comment

Working...
                      X